03.

Ryder Edwards.

"Why do you hate me?" He spat looking at me with a dead eye look that rivaled Wednesday Addams, truth was I didn't hate him, I actually liked him though I couldn't figure out why for the life of me.

"Just drive teletubby, got places to be." I smirk his way completely ignoring his intense death glare, I'm sure if looks could kill, he would've murdered me by now but the thing is, I had actually gotten used to his glares, eventually I knew he would just sigh and ignore my existence.

Which only fuelled me on to keep tormenting him, I know it seems to be weird behavior to be obsessed with someone this way but I figured I needed to understand why he got under my skin so much, from what Pete's told me he was a pretty good guy, just a little troubled, and that is what drove them apart, but I knew that wasn't the whole truth.

And when it came to Pete, I expected he was lying about something, either something was wrong with Jack or the guy I was pretty sure I was in love with, wasn't say something I should know.

"Like you decrepit hedonist, I have to go to the gym, I have to get food for my dog and I have four assignments that I need to have finished and one of them is on French Renaissance meaning its going to take me three hours to put together, so I'm leaving you in the city." He sneered my way and I couldn't believe it.

"Wow, you finally found your voice chubby cheeks, I'm impressed, but here is what's going to happen, I need to buy my some new gear and I noticed you got yours from Sports Shack, that's where we're going, and you can drop me off at home, simple as that." I tell him and he scoffs but remained silent.

The drive into the city was quiet after our exchange and though tensions were high, there was a weird peace mixed inbetween all that, he was surprisingly a really good driver and his music was pretty good too, I found myself turning up the volume just a bit, yet he said nothing until we were parked in front of Sports Shack.

Looking at him I couldn't believe he had actually agreed to get me here, I thought I'd need to pull out a couple of arguments to have him get me here but nope, he listened, my whole plan got ruined. "Thank you for listening to me flabby, good to know you're functioning well." I teased and he just sighed getting out of the car, I knew the taunts and insults would get old soon, it was pretty boring trying to rile up someone who wouldn't even budge, what's the fun in that.

"No wait, you did that, I thought you said you only have a vinegar shot in the morning before eating anything, now you've gone and become an addict!" It was the senior Dustin who was laughing with him, the two seemed chummy, with fleeting touches and a moon eyed look in the guy's eyes that I had given a lot of guys before, I knew Dustin was a player but even for him preying on someone like Jack was new.

"Hey man, can I get some help over here!" I called out to him and I saw the tick form on Jack's jaw who clearly hated that I interrupted whatever his conversation was with Dustin, I found joy in that honestly. "I'll be right back." I heard him tell Jack who nods with a smile but I was about to be a major pain in his side to keep that from happening.

"What do you need Edwards?" Dustin snapped clearly Jack wasn't the only one pissed off by my intrusion on their happy time. "Just curious to know what's your endgame with candy land addict over there?" I stated directly and he scoffed. "None of your business Edwards, and why do you even care?" He demanded with a raised brow.

"I care because he's with me, and we both know you ain't the type to get hot for Jack tubbykins over there, so what's this." I narrowed my eyes on him feeling weirdly protective of the pumpkin. "It still ain't none of your shit to care about Edwards, and seriously aren't you with that Pete guy, shouldn't you be interrogating a dude who might sniffing on him not me, or is this something else." Dustin exclaimed and clearly he was turning the conversation.