06.

Ryder Edwards.

I had fucked up, I didn't know why I didn't say anything when they were calling him all those names, make jokes about it as if it were nothing, had I gotten so used to just watching and doing nothing, I hated it. I knew Jack, he was kind, extremely friendly and hated the fact that everyone only seemed to notice his weight and nothing else.

"Ryder, what was that about?" Pete questioned and I knew what it was he wanted to know. "What was what?" I played dumb because I had my own thoughts tormenting me. "Ryder neither of us is stupid, Jack my ex had your bag, and I can clearly tell he's cleaned it meaning he's had it for a while." Pete sneered.

"Its nothing, my car broke down yesterday and he gave me a ride into the city, I forgot my bag in his car." I tell him and he scoffs. "When did you two become so friendly that he would actually give you a ride?" He demands with a frown. "Yeah Edwards when did you start hanging out with porky." That was Dustin and I found his statement insulting.

"What the fuck did you say?" I growled turning away from Pete and punching Dustin. "Hey, what the hell man, why don't you just man up and tell your boyfriend that you've been parading around with the pumpkin huh!" Dustin yelled after failing to land a punch and the guys hold us both back from each other.

"That has nothing to do with you shit bag!" I spat back in his face but a slap on my cheek causes me to reel back. "Pete the fuck is wrong with you." I hiss and he scoffs, the bell rang and everyone seemed to scramble for the doors, they also pull away Dustin with him and I'm left with Pete.

"You're not even trying to deny it." He accuses. "Because there is nothing to even be angry about, nothing is going on between me and Jack." I argue. "Clearly there is, you can't look me in the eye and tell me you haven't thought about him a certain way, why hang out with him, why is it even happening, he's my ex." Pete points out harshly.

"You know what, I run with Jack in the morning, along with his dog, we exercise together, and everyday since then I've realized that Jack isn't the bad guy you made him out to be, this relationship was built on you finding comfort in me because Jack hurt you, and fuck it I love you but I needed to know if you still loved the guy okay!" I yell and he froze.

"Did you just say, you love me." Pete whispers and I sigh. "Yes Pete, I fucking love you, but you keep so much shit from me and you never have time because of one thing or the other, what am I supposed to think about that." I tell him and he crashes into me, trying to hug me but failing.

"I love you too, and I'm sorry for doubting you, for making you doubt us." He cries clutching onto me and I respond hugging him back. "I know and if its any consolation I'll stop hanging out with Jack but I need to apologize first." I explain and he nods.

Caressing his cheek I lean down just a little to kiss him and he responds, we couldn't exactly give the school a show so we both pull back. "You wanna wait for second period?" I ask and Pete nods so we hide out in my car. "Why do you want to apologize to Jack?" He asks playing with my fingers.

"I've been a dick to the guy, I got to know Jack, even just a little and I realized he doesn't deserve us calling him names like that, the taunts or the jokes, I've been doing it and laughing, thinking it didn't affect him but today I saw myself in his place, it was horrible." I tell Pete who had a sad smile playing at his lips.

"His dad came back end of first year and pretended to want to be family again, when Jack's mom was at work, he would take Jack up to the attic and lock him up in there, sometimes he would beat him or yell at him all these abusive slurs, he threatened Jack that if he ever said anything he would hurt Kat." Pete narrated and I felt my fists clench in anger.