05.

Jackson.

The morning was cold, the air chilly but I was used to it by now and running kept my body warm enough for me to not be bothered by it, but let's face it, I was no Elsa, it could bother me.

"Its odd not having him here Weis, I've gotten used to his stupid presence." I chuckle next to my dog as I did my press ups, they were part of my daily regime and I could actually see the difference in my arms since the first day, I had less fat and more muscle outline, even my stomach fat had reduced significantly.

It was surprising in a way to see myself losing so much weight, it gave me the confidence to keep pushing, to keep waking up every day and feel the pain, push through the nausea at times and become a version of myself that I was happy with.

With another thrust upward, I pushed myself up to my feet breathing deep to calm down, I had ran all the way to the park and did an extra two kilometers making it ten kilometers in total, I would also run back, I was starting to love the run back but the serenity of the park in the morning with the birds chirping was just alluring.

I put my feet and my legs up to my knees horizontally on a park bench, my thighs were vertical pressing onto the wood and my back was on the hard ground, with no one to help me with my sit ups, the form helped me and I began, at first when I began it would hurt now that I had adjusted better to exercising so much it didn't feel so draining or painful, I actually liked it.

Weis barking and growling called my attention, my eyes snapped to where he was barking, luckily I had finished doing my situps so I scrambled to my feet. "Hey boy, its okay, you never growl at anyone." I comfort him but he kept growling. "Maybe I just spooked him." The reply came from a guy in front of us, sandy blonde hair cut the sides, sparkling blue eyes and a body that spoke of many many gym hours.

"Yeah must be." I muttered my response, I didn't want to show how apprehensive I was, but I was intrigued, I had never seen him on the trail before and he had just come from nowhere, Weis barking didn't make me feel any better. "I'm sorry, I must have scared you, I'm Wyatt." He introduces himself with a hand outstretched.

"Jack." I reply. "Well I'm glad I bumped into you Jack, I'm lost, I've never ran on this side of the park, the trail confused me." He explained and I didn't feel anything weird in that explanation, truthfully the park was huge and I myself had gotten lost before. "Sorry to hear that." I chuckled.

"You think you can help a guy out." He asserts with a sheepish smile. "Yeah, I can help, the square is just up the trail, you were pretty close to not being completely lost." I chortle. "Is that right, well live and learn." He laughed as we headed toward the square and as we talked I got a closer look at Wyatt which brought on the realization that I knew him or rather I had seen him somewhere.

"Wait do you live close to Laverne, and attend Bridgeton high?" I blurted out and he nodded immediately. "Yeah, how did you know?" He asked with an easy going smile. "I've seen you when I drive past and I go to Bridgeton High too, I've seen you a couple of times at school." I explained and it seemed to give him a sense of realization too.

"Yeah, I thought your face was familiar." We both chuckled as finally we got to the square. "Civilization at last." He commented dramatically and I couldn't help laugh. "I've got to run back, can't be late for school, it was nice meeting you Wyatt." I say scratching Weis's back.

"Me too, it was nice talking to a gym junkie too, I hope we bump into each other again." He expresses and I nod to him before taking off back on the trail with Weis barking happily, he loved our morning runs too, the vet said the exercise was doing him a lot of good, and it made me happy.