𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. you stay, i stay

✵ . ˚ ✺ . ・ *。 ✧ ˚ . ⊹ ☽
⌈ 𝙶𝙾𝙳𝙳𝙴𝚂𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝚄𝙽𝚃 ⌋
TWENTY FIVE -- you stay, i stay

"I THINK WE DESERVE A DRINK."

Clarke seems to be out of thought when Bellamy makes his way up to her near the gates. He's mostly made of smiles, seeing as Noah is walking the other direction from him and having a hushed conversation wit Kane and not leaving Abby's side as she's tended to for her wounds. Clarke for once isn't all that interested in what they're saying. It seems, more than anything, she feels a million miles away from here already.

She smiles as he approaches her, shaking her head, "You'll have to have one for me."

Just like back then Just like Unity Day. Clarke always seemed slightly too preoccupied to have a little fun. Bellamy used to think her and Noah were alike in that way, till he got to know the Solo better. Turned out that her version of fun was a lot different than a bunch of teenagers away from home for the first time.

His shoulders deflate. "Hey. We'll get through this."

She stands just outside the gate, unable to put her foot through as everyone was returning home. Children greeted by crying parents, friends hugging friends they almost lost. So much reunion, yet Clarke didn't feel welcome at all. "I'm not going in."

"Look. If you need forgiveness, I'll give that to you. You're forgiven." Bellamy states firmly, just as he'll do for Noah when her brave face falters. "Please, come inside."

She doesn't say yes, she doesn't say no. But it quite obvious that Bellamy isn't going ot win this one. "Take care of them for me. Make it work-" Clarke looks over his shoulder, spotting Noah getting some well-deserved congratulations pats from strangers around her. She was a hero to them, no matter the devastation left in the wake, she brought their kids home to them once again. "With her."

"Clarke--"

"No. Seeing their faces every day is just gonna remind me of what I did to get them here. What I made her do." She watches how gentle Noah is with her mother, despite how brash she normally is. There's no animosity, no tension like Clarke had with her mother. Noah didn't blame Abby for Jake's death, she didn't hold that grudge like Clarke did. If the words didn't taste so bitter, she'd admit Noah deserved to be the daughter Abby always wanted.

"What we did." He tried, "You don't have to do this alone."

But Clarke simply didn't agree. "There is no forgiveness for that."

And suddenly, Noah is beside Bellamy as well as Abby is transported to the medical bay for proper care. That's surely where she's headed next. And she says the same thing to Clarke that she said to Bellamy when he tried to run too. "And where you gonna go?"

Clarke sinks, "Noah--"

"I'm not trying to stop you. Hell- maybe I should join you." Bellamy looks at her incredulously. "But I can't. He stays, I stay." She jerks her thumb to point at Bellamy.

Clarke can feel it coming, the tightness in her chest and throat, the hot burn in her eyes from tears wanted to be let free. But she refuses to show that weakness to someone like Noah. Noah can see it though, and immediately turns her nose, "Don't cry, please don't cry, don't make it weird. Look, I get it. I do what I do, and you do what you do. It's about playing on each others strengths, right?"