Part 7

My eyes had been closed for what felt like minutes and all to soon the 'ner, ner, ner' of John's alarm clock was pulling me from my slumber.

"Ah geez, what time is it?" I complained as I stretched unhappily.

"It's half six" John answered wrapping his arms around me. "You can stay in bed if you want, just let yourself out or stay until I get back." He suggested shrugging his shoulders. As much as the thought of turning over and going back to bed appealed to me I knew I'd just sleep for the entire day and still be in here when he got home.

"No, it's better if I get up and leave the same time you do." I admitted, still a little grumpy from my sleep deprivation.

"Are you sure?" He asked, I nodded.

"Do we have to get up right now?" The thought of just another half an hour was so appealing.

"I need to be in work for half seven, I was going to jump in the shower." He began to explain, kissing my forehead.

"Ok, you get in the shower, I'll get dressed and make a cuppa, is that alright?" I replied, snuggling into him.

"Sounds like a plan." He answered holding me tightly to him for a second before finally releasing me and getting up.

I remained wrapped tightly in the quilt as I watched him walk naked around the room. Despite his reassurances I was still very self conscious and wondered if I'd ever be that self assured - I highly doubted it.

Fifteen minutes later I was sat hugging my tea in my hands as John busied himself making his lunch. Taking gulps of his coffee and bites of his toast in between his preparations.

"I'd of done that for you." I offered taking another slip of my tea.

"Hmmm, tomorrow morning I'll hold you to that." He said smiling, kissing my cheek. "You will stay tonight won't you?" He added just to clarify. I nodded back at him smiling.

"So what are your plans for today?" He asked as he finally joined me at the kitchen table.

"Not much really." I admitted. "I might go the cinema with Martin around lunch time, unless he has other plans and I think I'll probably get on with my packing." The mention of my impending departure settled on our conversation heavily, it was like we both drifted off in separate directions of thought, and for the next minute or so we both just sat there nodding lost in our own daydreams.

"Do you want me to pick you up on my way back from work?" He offered breaking the uncomfortable silence between us. "Rob and Ang have invited us round for dinner if you fancy it?" He continued.

I had met them once before, both seemed nice enough but 'Ang', of all his friends, seemed a little frosty towards me. Rob was great though, funny and talkative and generally just a nice guy. The couple had a three year old and John was his godfather so at least once a fortnight he liked to go round and see him.

"Yeah sure" I answered as enthusiastically as I could, I mean I'm sure it'll be perfectly lovely but I liked the idea of keeping him to myself and not sharing him with anyone. "But I'll drive, then you can have a drink." I suggested finishing my tea.

"Are you trying to get me drunk, so you can have your wicked way with me?" He joked taking the last bite of his breakfast.

"Yes" I dead panned, before breaking into a broad smile. He laughed back at me, shaking his head.

"So what time should I call round?" I asked as I watched his happy smile.

"I'll be in for about five so anytime after that." He confirmed with a nod.