Ch. II

Marcus Thomas
June 17, 2022
12:38 PM

I bobbed my head to the music that was blasting through the speakers. I was at my tattoo shop finishing up this piece for my best friend Jason that we've been working on. This is our fourth and final session and I couldn't wait to be done with it. Although he paid a pretty penny for it, I'm missing out on money from other customers. "And we're finished." I said as I turned the machine off. I wiped the excess ink off of his back before taking a picture of my work so that I could post it on the company's social media pages.

"My nigga." He said as he looked at the picture I took. "This shit is dope." He grinned as he dapped me up. I laughed as I nodded and took my gloves off and tossed them before going to wash my hands.

"Appreciate it." I said as I dried my hands. "What you about to get into?" I asked him as he grabbed his shirt and we walked out front.

"Shit. About to go pick my daughter up from school since I'm in the area and take her out to eat before I drop her off to her mama." He said. I nodded as we walked out the door. "I think the homies are tryna link up tonight. You down?" He asked as he checked his phone. I shook my head.

"Nah. Mia made reservations at some restaurant for tonight that she wants to go and try." I said. He twisted his lips to the side and looked at me.

"Bruh let me ask you something, and don't get offended." He said. I nodded as I looked at him. "How much do you trust your wife?" He asked me. I was a little taken aback by the question.

"Shit, enough to marry her and be married to her for seven years." I laughed. "Why, wassup?" I asked him.

"Just look at these pictures that Mikey just sent to me." He said as he did something on his phone before handing it to me. I took it from him and looked at the first picture. It was a picture of my wife Mia and some white guy, and they were sitting at some restaurant. She was leaning into him while his arm was wrapped around her shoulder and he was kissing her forehead. I chuckled as I nodded and kept swiping. The pictures only got worst from there. There was pictures of her standing on her toes kissing him and then there were pictures of him carrying her on his back while they both had smiles on their faces.

"Damn." I said as I laughed again. "I guess I'm going out with y'all tonight. I don't think those reservations were meant for me and her." I said. I was laughing on the outside but fuming on the inside. I wasn't feeling anything other than anger at the moment.

"You straight?" He asked. I nodded as I dapped him up.

"I'm good. But I'll see y'all tonight. Text me and let me know where to meet y'all at." I said. He nodded as he got in his truck and I made my way back inside. I had two more tattoos that I had to do before I could go home. I grabbed my next client and we went into my booth and I washed my hands before we got started.

I made it home from the shop around 5:30. When I got there I saw Mia's car parked in the driveway. I sat in my car for a few minutes and got myself together before getting out and walking to the front door. I heard music coming from upstairs so I made my way up there and I stopped by the kids rooms and talked to them for a few minutes before making my way to my room. "Hey baby." Mia said as she danced around the room in her bra and underwear. I licked my lips as I looked at her. For a split second I forgot why I was mad. She skipped over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck and stood on her toes to kiss me but I turned my head so that she could kiss my cheek.