XVI

Y'all are going to be on my ass about this chapter, but it's okay. I still love y'all lol 🫶🏽💕 Enjoy!

Alani
June 2, 2023

"Hi pretty girl." I cooed to Milani as I sat her on my lap and gave her an Eskimo kiss. She smiled and I laughed softly as I did it again. "I love you and your sister so much." I said to her. She drooled and babbled as my phone started ringing. I smiled as I picked it up and saw that Janae was calling. "Hey girly." I answered as I put the phone on speaker and sat it next to me.

"Hey boo. What are you doing?" She asked as Milani started whining. "Aht aht, what are you doing to my baby?" She asked. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Girl boo. She's hungry, I'm about to breast feed her." I laughed. "What's up?" I asked her.

"I was calling to see if you wanted to have a girls night out tonight with me and Delilah. We were just going to go out for food and drinks." She said.

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I don't know how Marcus will feel about me being out without him." I said honestly. Ever since the whole situation with Mikey, Marcus has had his guard up 100 times more these days and he's not too keen on me being out by myself or when it's just me and the girls. Honestly though, I'm not even complaining and I understand his concerns 100% because not only do we have to worry about Mikey, but we have to also be on alert for Kendrick's dumb ass too.

"I almost forgot about that. I mean if it makes him feel any better we can go somewhere lowkey." She said. I bit my lip as I thought about it.

"I don't know. To be honest, I'm scared my damn self. But I will check with him to see how he feels about it." I told her.

"Okay boo. If anything, we could always just order food and buy drinks and chill at my house. I was just trying to get us out the house from up under our men." She laughed. I laughed as I nodded.

"No I understand completely. But I will let you know love." I said. We talked for a few more minutes before we hung up. I sighed as I looked down and saw Milani fast asleep. I stood up and walked her to the nursery next to Marcus' room. I changed her diaper before putting her in her bassinet. I looked down at her and Ariyah and smiled, not to toot my own horn but I have the most beautiful baby girls ever. My phone ringing broke me out of my thoughts. I walked back out to the living room and saw that Marcus was calling me. "Hey baby." I answered as I grabbed the bottles off of the coffee table and walked to the kitchen to wash them.

"Hey baby. It's a little busy at the shop right now but I just wanted to let you know that Jason is going to stop by in a little bit after he gets one of his tattoos touched up, he said that he wants to see the girls and to get your advice on some female." He said as I heard chatter in the background. I nodded as I washed the few dishes that were in the sink before turning the water off.

"Okay baby. I'm about to take a shower real quick so thanks for the heads up." I said.

"No problem baby. I'm finishing up a tattoo right now and then I have another one when I'm finished. I'll call you once I'm done to check on you. I love you." He said. I smiled as I walked to the nursery and checked on my babies before going to his room.

"I love you too, Marcus. I'll talk to you in a little bit." I said before we hung up. I tossed my phone on the bed before going to the bathroom to shower. I turned the hot water on and stripped out of my clothes before letting the hot water cascade down my body. After having a concert for 30 minutes, I washed my body and rinsed off before getting out. I wrapped a towel around my waist as I sung lowly under my breath. For some reason, the song The Rain by K. Michelle has me in a chokehold right now. "Let me hurry my slow ass up and get dressed before Jason gets here." I mumbled to myself as I opened the door and walked into the room. I stopped in my tracks and my heart started beating out of my chest as I saw Mikey sitting at the edge of the bed with a smirk on his face.