XXI

Alani
Continued

"Bitch how the fuck and why the fuck are you out of your casket?" I asked Mia's weird ass. This bitch got me fucked up and I'll fight a ghost if I have to.

"Bitch?" She said as she scrunched her face up. "Little girl you don't even know me, please don't get fucked up in here." She said.

"You in my nigga shop, and you think you gonna fuck me up? Cute." I laughed as I put my hair up in a bun.

"Anyways." She said as she rolled her eyes before looking at Marcus. "I'm not Mia, I'm her twin sister Moniece." She said. My eyes widened as I looked at Marcus.

"You knew she had a twin sister?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"No. When we first met she told me that she had a sister but that they don't get along and they don't talk. But she never said she had a twin, she always just said my sister." He said as he looked at me before looking back at Moniece.

"Yeah, we haven't talked since after we graduated high school." She said. "We didn't have a relationship at all, but that doesn't mean I'm not saddened by her death since we never even got a chance to fix what was broken. I was wondering if you could help me figure out who would have killed her? Our mom told me that you guys got a divorce, and then she died not too many months after the fact." She explained.

"Her death has nothing to do with me. I didn't do it, and I don't know who would have. Your sister was sneaky as fuck, so she probably fucked over the wrong person and they got their lick back. I don't know what else to tell you because we did not talk or communicate at all after the divorce was finalized, only when she popped up at my old shop a few times." Marcus said to her as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

"Was she seeing somebody else?" She asked.

"She was dealing with some guy but I don't know who he is. Check her social media accounts or something, I literally don't know what the fuck Mia was doing after I filed for divorce. I filed for divorce and left her alone completely." Marcus said to her. She sighed as she nodded and pulled a piece of paper and a pen out of her purse. She scribbled on it before handing it out to Marcus.

"If you find out anything can you give me a call?" She asked. Marcus just looked at the paper before looking back at her.

"Listen, I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family, but no. I'm not getting involved, I'm not helping with anything because I don't know anything. Mia and I didn't run in the same circle, we don't know the same people, so I would be of no help to you to be honest." He said to her. She sighed as she sat the paper on the counter.

"I'll leave this here. Thank you." She said as she glanced at me and smirked before turning around and walking out the door.

"Dumb bitch thought she was slick." I said as I laughed. Marcus shook his head as he looked at me.

"What do you mean?" He asked. I nodded my head towards the paper that she put face down on the counter.

"Look at that piece of paper." I said. He picked it up and read it over before looking at me and laughing.

"How did you know?" He asked. The dumb bitch wrote her name and number down, and had the nerve to write call me with a heart next to it.

"I saw the way she was looking at you. Yeah she might have came in here initially wanting your help, but her body language said otherwise after a while." I said as I looked up at him.

"I'm not worried about nobody but you, so you don't have to worry about that." He said as he balled the paper up and threw it in the trash before kissing me. I laughed as I nodded.