NOSTALGIA

This is my first FanFiction so do give your opinions in the comments, in this chapter Astrid remembers her life during the time of HTTYD and she is currently in HTTYD 3 so imagine them looking exactly like in the third movie.

<>

Scr-eech! The sound echoed around the large Throne Room as the twenty-three-year-old, blonde-haired woman sharpened her favourite axe. The axe boasted intricate designs on both the hilt and the blade and had been made by her husband, who is a very skilled blacksmith. Her husband and her best friend at the time had gifted the beautiful axe for her thirteenth birthday.

This nostalgic and sweet memory spiralled her mind to remember all the little snippets of what her life had been and how it had now changed for the better.

Other Vikings would think that being a runaway from a tribe with only another friend and his pet dragon to survive with, would not have been a great life choice but so far it has been the best decision of her life. Yes, she did miss her parents and her little sister but she didn't regret leaving them for a life where she could live in peace with dragons and the man she truly loved.

Scr-eech! As she moved the whetstone along the edge of her axe's blade she further realised it had been eight years... Eight years since she had left her tribe and her family, and how she has grown...

She now stood just a little shy of six feet, her blonde hair was now reaching halfway down her back while the left side had a few strands of her blond hair loosely tied into a braid whose ends disappeared just below her kransen. Her deep ocean-blue eyes had become even brighter with life and joy over the years of living life in the sky and with her new family.

She now wore a pair of fur and iron shoulder pads with a blue tunic that matched the colour of her eyes, the suit was held together with a bright red vest and a belt decorated with metal skulls which was stitched onto the waistline of her spiked leather and fur skirt over her fur boots.

Scr-eech! After expertly twirling the axe, she started sharpening the other side of the dual-bladed axe.

Eight years ago life for her had been very different from the life she had now. Astrid had been the most popular and strongest girl in her tribe, The Hairy Hooligans. The tribe had resided on the island of Berk for seven generations under the chieftainship of the Haddocks. The island itself boasted beautiful forests and a very steep mountain range that stretched across the entire island. With the beautiful view of the sunsets and the fertile land, it was the perfect place to settle down. The only problems were the harsh weather and the dragons. The latter was the reason there was a three-hundred-year war between the Vikings and said dragons.

When she was young she liked to play in the forests or around the village with her friends till sunset and was kind towards everyone until her uncle Finn died on one of the searches to find the dragon's nest. That unfortunate day was the day she pushed everyone she loved and cared about away and became a stone-cold warrior to avenge her dead uncle.

Even as she became popular she kept training to kill dragons day and night, she did not use her popularity to bully people unlike the other teens their age used to do, she instead ignored them and kept to herself, only speaking when absolutely necessary. However, the other teens used to bully and abuse only one person...

Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third as the name clearly suggests, was a hiccup, a runt, he couldn't lift a sword himself so he instead made crazy inventions to kill dragons. These inventions, however, did more damage towards the village than good.

The wreck his inventions left behind paired with his skinny and shy demeanour was the reason every Viking on the island loved to bully, hurt, and insult him. But through all the scorn and abuse he always had a smile, he used to always smile, it was this smile that had gotten her to fall in love with him. She admired him, for his intelligence and his attitude to always strive to do better even after everyone he tried to help, hurt him.