SHOCK OF LIFE

I promised and have delivered. Some shocking news is revealed and are one step closer to the end of this story, which is just around the corner. The first part of the chapter is from Toothless's point of you as I felt I hadn't given our favourite Night Fury enough attention in the last few chapters. This is also my first fight sequence so do leave your thoughts in the comments.

<>

BOOM!

A brilliant explosion of crimson engulfed the entire battleground with its light, triggered by the thunderous discharge of cannons on the cliffside. Amidst the battle, the sound of men's cries and the roars of dragons reverberated. Before the chaos was once again swiftly silenced by the deafening echoes of cannon and catapult fire.

Smoke filled the entire sky above, the pure and clear skies that covered the island in the morning were now nothing but a canvas of ash and smoke.

The scene unfolding beneath could only be described with one word, chaos. Billowing trails of smoke marked the aftermath of cannon fire, as sailors on the decks of their ships frantically scrambled to protect their respective sides. From above, arrows descended like a rain of fire, while dragons, with fiery breath, incinerated any traps and weapons in their line of sight.

The chaos that engulfed the battlefield, the oceans near Dragon's Edge, was a stark contrast to the unusual silence that engulfed the island...

The villagers had been quickly evacuated to the safety of the castle while the Royal Guards took their positions along the castle walls and the castle outposts. The villagers remained silent, afraid to utter a word during the brutal battle.

The Berkians however had been arrested and taken to the dungeons as soon as the battle had started. The confused Berkians had no choice but to follow orders given to them at sword-point...

Hiccup soared above the docks, witnessing the extensive destruction inflicted upon them. The stone pathways lay shattered, reduced to rubble, while flames steadily consumed the remnants of what was once a dock, a gateway to their haven. Anger quickly consumed Hiccup...

"Come on bud, let's show them what we got!" Hiccup shouted out.

I quickly let out a growl of approval, tucking my wings close to my body, and speeding towards an enemy ship. As I cut through the wind creating the infamous telltale sound, I could see the Trappers quickly jumping towards cover, while screaming at their friends to do the same.

Inhaling deeply, I drew in air and mixed it with the gas in my throat, heating it naturally. I waited for the perfect moment to unleash my 'plasma blast.' Just then I noticed a group of my fellow dragons being cornered within an expansive dragon-proof cage. Aiming, I expelled the fiery force from my throat. In an instant, the Trappers were sent scattering in all directions, while the liberated dragons soared into the open sky.

"Yeah! Great job bud! Let's help out a few more of our friends shall we?" Hiccup asked.

Releasing a growl of approval, I turned to witness the effort of my fellow dragon riders, engaged in fierce combat, dismantling the Dragon Trapper's ship. The sky ignited with the brilliance of fire and explosions, casting an eerie glow as debris and driftwood scattered across the ocean's surface. A potent smell of smoke, burning flesh, and gunpowder filled the air, filling my nostrils with a pungent aroma.

Slowly we could see a shift in the tide, we were winning...

Viggo's fleet, skillfully held the enemy at bay, providing us with precious time to rally our forces. The fleet had formed a defensive border around the docks while the soldiers provided cover for the ships and the riders attacked the incoming forces.