CASTLE ON THE HILL

This chapter is a bit of a cliffhanger. The castle is supposed to be like Hogwarts but more dragon-themed. Enjoy I have already started writing the next chapter so you can expect a new update soon.

<>

Stoick stood there, rendered speechless by the sudden and miraculous reappearance of his son, Hiccup. Unsure of how to react, he turned to Gobber, his closest friend, seeking guidance. However, Gobber's face mirrored Stoick's shock, while tears welled up in his eyes.

Overwhelmed with emotion, Stoick couldn't hold back his tears as he gazed upon his son, alive and well, after believing him to be dead just moments ago. An attempt to speak only resulted in an awkward opening and closing of his mouth, the words escaping him.

His dream of reuniting with Hiccup after eight horrible years became a reality. Stoick rushed forward, closing the distance between them in an instant, enveloping Hiccup in a tight embrace. The joy of the moment, however, was interrupted by Hiccup's struggle for breath.

"Uh... can't b-breathe," Hiccup managed to gasp out, prompting Stoick to release his son immediately. That's when he noticed that the royal guards, who had been assigned to protect the Emperor against an unforeseen threat, now had their weapons trained on him.

That's when the explanation hit Fishlegs like a Gronckel raming a Viking, it was so obvious that he just blurted out, "You're the Emperor!"

Fishlegs looked towards Hiccup with eyes filled with awe and happiness. He eagerly waited for the former heir of Berk to respond to his discovery. Hiccup looked at him and when his eyes recognized him, he smirked while answering Fishleg's outburst, "Yes, Fishlegs I am the Emperor of the Draconian Empire."

There were a few gasps and murmurs which ran throughout the group of Vikings. When Hiccup saw the other Berkians looking at the dragons and the guards, with their weapons drawn, he realized he had to make some introductions.

"All right, I think some introductions are in order. You already know Camicazi, Alvin, and Dagur, Oswald the Agreeable's son. And, of course, you've already been introduced to Viggo. In addition to them, the chiefs of the other islands in my empire, a total of eight islands, form the council of the Draconian Empire," Hiccup declared proudly.

Revelling in the moment, he took pleasure in showcasing his achievements to those from his former tribe who had doubted him.

A murmur spread among the Berkians as they absorbed this information, and Hiccup's guards, initially on edge, visibly relaxed. Hiccup continued, addressing his former tribe members with confidence, "I'm willing to aid you in reclaiming Berk and offer shelter on my island until we defeat Grimmel. However, there are conditions, rules I have put in place, which you must follow."

Snotlout, still defiant as ever, couldn't resist a snide comment, "What are these rules exactly, useless?"

A cold blade pressed against his neck, and he turned to see a girl with raven-black hair, her eyes ablaze with hatred.

"Call him that again, I dare you," she seethed. Snotlout audibly gulped, and Hiccup intervened, "Heather, stand down. And the rest of you, too. He's not worth the trouble."

Heather reluctantly backed off and walked back to her brother, Dagur. Hiccup was aware of her protective instincts, she was like his younger sister. The two along with Dagur had an inseparable sibling bond.

As much as he wanted to kill Snotlout, he also knew it would only cause more trouble, than good, so he decided to defuse the situation instead.

"My rules are simple. Since you'll be staying in the castle's accommodation, certain rooms are off-limits without permission. There's a curfew three hours after sunset, and the most crucial rule: you won't harm my people, our livestock, our belongings, or our dragons. You may not have weapons, but if any of these rules are broken, I'll personally deal with you. Am I clear?" Hiccup's gaze made even the toughest Vikings among the Berkians, cower. All they could do was nod in acknowledgement and accept the terms laid out before them.