Just For You

Harry Styles x Fem!Reader
Contains -Fluff, Smushy cuteness, LHH

Harry returns home to reader with a surprise in tow after hearing that she had a bad day and isn't feeling too much like herself.

(First time writing this way in a long time so I hope it's okay! This is for anyone having a down day and needing a pick me up!)

After a long day in the studio, all Harry wanted to do was go home to his girlfriend of 2 years. He had briefly spoken to her earlier but he could tell by the shake in her voice that she was not having a good day.

She had told him how her day had gone, though she kept it short as to not relive the day over again. She had been late to work due to problems with her car, her supervisor reprimanded her for her tardiness, and someone had eaten the lunch she had brought resulting in breaking her heart, as Harry had so graciously packed for her the night before.

He had decided to stop by the nearest grocery store, grabbing all her favorite comfort foods and drinks, a new fuzzy blanket, a couple face masks and some scented candles that she liked. Just to make sure she could relax from the grueling day she had.

As he was leaving the store, pushing the cart to his car, he heard a faint animal-like whimper. He looked around, surveying the area until he finally set his eyes on the owner of the whimper.

Under a nearby car, a smile set of eyes gazed up at him. Leaving his cart near his car, he approached the other car, crouching down and holding his hands out to the whimpering ball underneath.

"Hey, 's alright. 'M not gonna hurt you."

The whimpering ceases and out comes a small Pomeranian, covered in dirt, shaking in fear as he crawls into Harry's arms.

He inspects the small dog, seeing no collar to identify him. Right then he makes a decision. Y/N. Maybe this would be good for her...

"How about y' come home with me. Would you like that?"

The small ball of fluff barks in his arms, wagging his tail as Harry stands up, the dog barking in his arms as he returns to his car and unloads the cart into his car. He returns his cart to the cart return before proceeding to get into his car.

He settles himself in the drivers seat and settles the dog in the passenger seat. He quickly pulls out of the parking lot before making the small commute home. He pulls into his driveway and gets out of the car, quickly grabbing the bags he had bought earlier and making his way inside.

As he had expected, the downstairs is dark and quiet as he turns on the kitchen light and begins remove items from their bags, setting them on the kitchen island.

"Love! Will you please come down here for a sec?"

He yells through the house before quickly running back out to his car to grab her final surprise. He pulls the dog from the passenger seat, closes the door and locks it before heading back inside.

He stands in the doorway, his arms behind his back to hid the dog, and he sees Y/N walk into the the entry way. She's in one of his old t-shirts and some shorts,her eyes and cheeks red and puffy from crying. She looks to her boyfriend, a brow raised as she surveys his stance in the doorway.

"Why are you just standing in the doorway? Hurry up, it's cold."

He steps in and his arms move to the front of his body, revealing the dog in his hold.
Her eyes widen and he can't help but smile.

"Harry-"

"You've been wantin' a dog for a while now, right Y/N?"

Tears begin to spill from her eyes for the millionth time that day as she leaps to him, tackling him in a small hug. He laughs and holds her with one arm, the dog in the other.
The dog begins to lick her arm and she giggles, moving her hand to the top of his head before she starts to pet him.

"Oh Harry, where did you find him? He's so cute! But he's filthy!"

Harry nods and hands the dog to her, who then begins to lick all over the girl's face.

"I was just at the store gettin' some things when I found him. He was scared, no collar on him. So I thought maybe we could keep 'im."

She holds the dog close, despite his filth, and Harry takes the opportunity to grab her arm, dragging both her and the dog in to the kitchen. Her eyes rest on all the items on the island and she begins to tear up again.

"You did all this?"

He nods, a smile clear on his face.

"I wanted t' help you unwind, lovie. I hate seein' you cry. Tomorrow, we'll go to the store and get some things for this one. Starting with some food and maybe some soap for a bath!"

He pets the dog and is licked on the hand in return, causing the to laugh.

"So what are y' gonna name him, Y/N?"

She thinks for a minute before smiling and she starts to pet the dog again.

"How about Bean? Is that your name boy? Bean?"

The dog barks once more and licks her cheek.

"Welcome home, Bean. Mum and Dad love you so much already."

For the rest of the night, Harry curls up with his girl, watching movies, eating snacks and cuddling with their baby. Nothing could be better than that.

WC 964