I'm Here, Right Here Pt. 1

Implied Bi! Reader
My take from when I first listened to satellite!

Y/N is Jeff's assistant and Harry's best friend. She's been in and out of relationships for one reason or another and is upset. Harry is hopelessly in love with her and she is too blind to see it.

Dating while traveling is not for the weak..

After yet another failed date, I return to my hotel room to find Harry propping himself against my door. He turns his attention to me and smiles when he sees me.

"Hey! Was looking for you. Thought you might want to get some dinner? Sushi and a movie? Haven't done that in a while.."

I sigh and frown, shaking my head as I unlock my door, Harry following me inside.

"That's really sweet, H, but not tonight. I'm honestly exhausted and all I want to do is shower and crash. Rain check? I promise we'll do it tomorrow."

He frowns before nodding.

"Are you gonna tell me what happened?"

I sniffle as I pull off my makeup, trying not to cry.

"I just don't know what I'm doing wrong! Like this guy! His name was Todd... It seemed like we had a lot in common but halfway through dinner, he saw my tattoos and he started scolding me. Then he proceeded to tell me what I was doing wrong in my life, starting with my career choice-."

He lets out a laugh and shakes his head as he collapses on my bed.

"What? You won't to be a music producer. I'd say you're heading in the right direction."

I groan and start to pull off my jewelry.

"No, because apparently, that's not a good career for a wife. Like, as if dude! I want things for myself. Im not gonna be some stay at home wife popping out babies, you know? H...Harry, are you listening to me?"

He doesn't answer but he lifts his hand up and gives me a thumbs up. I sigh and change my clothes in the bathroom before coming out and plopping on my stomach next to him.

"What do you think I should do, H?"

He sighs and he's quiet for a minute, his eyes looking anywhere but at me.

"You could stop... Take a break from dating."

I groan and plop my head into the bed.

"I'm not getting any younger! I want things sure, but I want to be happy to!"

He sits up, finally looking down into my eyes, a serious look on his face.

"Aren't you though? You've got all your friends. You've told me time and time again that the perfect one for me will come when I least expect it. So why not try taking your own advice?"

With that, he gets up and heads to the door. I frown, quickly getting up from the bed and chasing after him. I give him a pout and he sigh.
He gives me a small hug and leaves my room, not saying another word.

As promised, the next night, we get sushi and watch some movies. As I stuff my face with California Rolls, Harry continues to ramble.

"You've gone on a date almost every stop we've been on! Who does that?!"

He laughs and I can't help but shrug.

"Someone who just doesn't have any luck, I guess? Every date I've been on... No one really seems to stick out. And it's not like I'm not keeping my options open! But it's just... I don't know."

He nods in understanding before popping a California roll in his mouth.

"Are you gonna Sue the dating apps like in that movie? What was it.. Love Guaranteed?"

I snort and choke on my food a little before shaking my head.

"No! That's just a movie! As if I'd meet some attractive lawyer and fall in love! Crazy talk! And what about you, Mr. Pop Star? You've been single for a while. Where's your love life going?"

He doesn't look at me but he shrugs.

"Dunno. Just kind of focusing on my music right now. Figured I've got time, right? No use in worrying."

He drops the topic and we hang out for the rest of the night. For the next week, Harry seems pretty quiet around me, and I'm not really sure why. Mr. Azoff gave me the night off, even though there's a show.

I had originally planned to go on a date, but my date cancelled, so I decide to watch the show. I stand next to Mr. Azoff as I watch Harry go up on stage.

"Why are you still here? Thought you had a hot date?"

I shake my head with a sigh, holding my sweater close to me.

"Cancelled on me. Thought I might enjoy watching him without having to run around for once."

He nods with a small smile. It's quiet for a minute between the two of us, until he says something I wasn't expecting.

"I've noticed you've been going on dates a lot... At least once every stop, if not more."

My eyes widen and I try to defend myself.

"Mr. Azoff-."

He frowns and shakes his head.

"Y/N, I'm not saying this as your boss. I'm saying this as your friend. You do it in your down time but we're all just a bit worried about you. This has to be a lot on you. Just... Talk to someone about it, okay? If you're doing it because you feel alone, don't. You have so many people who care about you. So just... Take it easy, okay?"

I nod and turn my attention back to the stage. Watching Harry up there.. No matter how many times I watch, he's always so captivating. I can't take my eyes off him...

After the show is over, Harry quickly takes a shower. I run out, offering to grab coffee for the band. When I come back, I get echos of thank you's and when I give Harry his coffee, he gives a look of shock.

"Thought you had a date tonight? What are you doing here?"

He takes the coffee from my hand and I plop down next to him on the sofa, slipping off my heels before resting my feet on the coffee table.

"A bust. Yet again. Maybe next time will work, right? Aren't you the one always telling me to be optimistic?"

He's quiet and he simply stands up before he turns to face me, a look of anger on his face.

"Why are you doing this to yourself, Y/N? You come to me every time, crying for one reason or another how it didn't work out and you're so sad that you're alone! Did you ever think that maybe you're not alone?!"

I stand up and cross my arms, looking straight at him.

"Harry, you don't know what it's like! People like you! I have to work my ass off to make sure I'm appealing to others! I want more! I want love! Don't you get that?"

He shakes his head and walks to the door before turning around to face me again.

"Did you ever stop and think that maybe I might love you?! That watching you go on date after date is killing me?!"

My eyes widen and I stutter.

"H-Harry.."

He shakes his head once again, and stares straight into my eyes.

"It's always round and round with you! Like a fucking satellite! I'm just- I'm done Y/N. I've tried. For months. But I'm done."

He doesn't say another word as he leaves and I fall onto the couch, tears starting to fall down my face.

He was right there?

🚾 1283