The Arrangement Pt. 1

Viscount! Harry Styles x Noble! Fem! Reader
Bridgerton Crossover

As an only child, Y/N is arranged to marry the Viscount Harry Styles. She is displeased with her father, as her mother had told her she could wait one more season before looking for a husband. But a marriage into one of the richest families in England is not what it would seem...

"Papa, please! Mama promised! I'm just not ready! Please, I don't want this!"

I pace around the drawing room, biting my lips as tears threaten to spill. My father however, remains stern in his decision.

"The Viscount is a fine man, and will prove to be a wonderful husband to you. It is done, my darling. You will marry the Viscount Styles, and I shall not entertain any further debate on the matter."

With my papa's word as final say, I could do nothing more as I retired to my bedroom to prepare for Lady Danbury's ball in honor of the new season.

Night falls as we leave the estate, my papa's fowl mood only growing as we venture to Danbury House.

"Oh come now, Stephen. This will be a fine experience for her. She is to be a Viscountess and as such, she will be attending these events more often."

My papa folds his arms childishly as he gives her a stern look.

"She is to bed wed, Eleanor. And yet you require her attendance at this silly gathering?"

I gasp in utter shock at my papa's words. Mama only scoffs and swats at him with her fan.

"Stephen Walker, do you think me a fool? I am allowing our daughter attend the soirée in support of Miss. Bridgerton, with the knowledge that the Viscount Styles will be in attendance. I thought it best our daughter to promenade with her betrothed, don't you dearest?"

If there's one thing about my mama, she knows well how to silence my papa. My papa mumbles under his breath and sits up properly as we had stopped moving. The footman opens the door and my papa helps mama and I exit our carriage.

Mama and I each take one of papa's arms and he escorts us inside. We are greeted immediately by Lady Danbury.

"Why if it isn't the Duke Walker and his lovely family! And my heavens, Lady Y/N! You are an absolute vision!"

I feel a small blush appear on my cheeks as I bow politely to her. We converse with Lady Danbury for a moment before she dismisses herself to greet more guests. From across the ballroom, my eyes land on the the one person I had eager to see.

"Papa, might I accompany Miss. Bridgerton in her search of suitors?"

My papa begins to refuse when my mama lays a hand on his chest, and she gives me a smile.

"Yes dearest, of course you may. Stephen, please escort our daughter. Be sure she remains with one of the lords Bridgerton. I shall find myself a drink."

Before papa can offer any debate, mama is already leaving his side and making her way through the crowd. Papa lets out a sigh and grumbles once more before he begins to walk me over to the Bridgertons.

"Lord Bridgerton, a pleasure to see you as always."

Lord Bridget gives my father a small nod in exchange. Daphne lets her brother go and leaps to me, causing her mama to scold her.

"Daphne, please!"

Daphne does not mind her mama as she hugs me close and I giggle.

"Lord Bridgerton, might I ask-."

Before my papa can finish, a man approaches us. Him. The Viscount Harry Styles. My papa smiles at the sight of him and turns his attention to the Viscount.

"Ah! Lord Styles! I was not expecting to see you this evening."

The man nods with a curt smile.

"Lord Walker, I was wishing to speak with you. Might I escort Lady Y/N this evening? I would very much like to speak with her."

My papa only smiles and practically pushes me to the Viscount's side, much to Daphne's disappointment. I merely push away from the from him, instead grabbing the arm of Mr. Benedict Bridgerton.

"Humblest apologies, my lord. I have been promised to Mr. Bridgerton for the evening. Isn't that right, Mr. Bridgerton?"

I give Benedict a pleasing look and he sends me one of his cat-like smiles. He lets go of me and hands me to the Viscount.

"I shall of course comply to his Lord's wishes, Lady Walker. I bid you a goodnight, my lady."

He bows and scurries off, laughing as he fetches himself a drink. I hesitantly turn my attention to the Viscount, who gives me a small, soft smile.

"Shall we dance, Lady Walker."

I force a small smile as I nod, taking his hand he has offered to me. After a few dances, Lord Styles suggests promenading in the garden. We walk along the many rose bushes coating the courtyard, though I simply refuse to look in the Viscount's direction.

"My Lady... I do hope you will come to agree with me. If we are to spend the rest of our lives together, should it not be a happy life?"

I simply remain silent as if I did not hear him.

"My Lady, is something the matter? We are betrothed after all, you needn't act so formal."

As much as I try to remain a perfect lady, I simply cannot hold my composure. I turn to him, exposing my inner thoughts before I am able to stop myself.

"Is this but a game to you, my Lord? This arrangement? Let me assure you, my Lord, this is no game to me. Above everything, I am a woman. I have dignity, I have desires and I have intelligence. I refuse to be reduced to nothing more than another wife. That is all that is expected of ladies in society. But that is not what I want."

He is silent for a moment before he holds out his arm to me, though he refuses my gaze.

"I hope you will come to understand why I asked for your hand, my lady. Fore I am not just a Viscount, but a man. Now, allow me to escort you to your father. I wish to retire for the night, and it disgraceful to leave a Lady alone."

He does not look my way through the entire walk inside the ballroom before leaving me in the arms of my papa. He gives a small, simple bow before he excuses himself, leaving quietly. My papa insists we retire for the evening as well, as my mama has found herself rather lush.

Rather early the next morning, I lounge in the drawing room, reading leisurely, just as I do every morning. My papa storms in, a rather stern expression on has face as he paces to me rather quickly, a letter grasped tightly in his hand.

"Have I failed you as a father?"

"Papa?"

"Truly, have I failed you? The daughter I have raised would never speak such a way! I shall like to hear your explanation!"

Before I am able to respond, my mama waltzes in, a look of worry on her freckled face.

"Dearest! What ever could be the matter?"

My papa seethes as he turns to my mama, his look of anger evident.

"Your daughter provoked a tiff with the Viscount last night!"

"Oh Y/N..."

"Papa, I am sorry! I was merely being honest with the Viscount! Is that not what you have raised me to do, papa? I am a lady, just as you have raised me to be. I am quite capable of doing things for my self, and I am in no need of a man. I am not an object papa, and I will not allow myself to be seen as such."

My papa sighs and sits in the open seat of the Davenport I occupy.

"I know quite well how I raised you. I raised you to be strong and polite. I expect better from you. The Viscount and I would very much like this arrangement to work. Therefore: you will be staying at Styles Estate until your wedding, when you will take permanent residence with the Viscount."

🚾 1384