~ CHAPTER 2 - Shades of anguish ~

Emotions is an ocean of memories and nightmares...

One cannot escape it but also cannot avoid it....

. . .

Thunder roared when the man set his foot on the ground. A girl in his arms as their blood dripped down the river. The silence was submerged by the siren gleaming on top of the hill.

His whole body injured as he placed the girl down a tree. His feet dragged him towards the car, which was now thrashed all over. He broke the car window when he saw the smoke coming out of the thrashed car.

There is no way a car would survive when it was knocked down a 900-foot hill. His tears were brimming out of his eyes as he tried to push the woman out. The lights shone down upon them, and the sounds of people trying to reach them reached his ear.

He carried the woman towards the faraway tree as the car blasted behind them. The woman held her baby bump securely despite the fact that she and her family had just been in an accident.

- R...R...Reena?

Her voice faltered as the ambulance and the doctors held her up and swept her into the stretcher. The muffled voices were slight clear to the woman as she held onto her last energy.

Doctor - You and the baby are gonna be fine Mrs. Desai...

The doctors words echoed as tears made their way out. The man held her hand and the other wrapped around the little girl who showed nothing but a cold emotion. The woman reached the small hands and held it onto her big ones.

.

.

- Y...Your heart w...will mend R...Reena...Love will mend...S...Someone is born to mend it and save you m...my li...ttle d..dove....

.

.

. . .

The sun shone brightly as the girl sat across the small pond among the huge garden with a book in her hands. The wind gusted up removing the hair strands that landed on her face as she swiftly turned the pages of the book.

She was the definition of a goddess except that goddess wore an elegant expression but she didn't. Her face showed the expression of ice cold. Her thoughts were muffled by the unfair memories.

- Reena!!!

The sound echoed like a thunderbolt as she looked up at her sister who wore a frown expression on her face.

- I've been calling you for the past five minutes....Where were you?

She asked as she fold her hands to her chest and narrowed her eyes. Reena sighed as she stretched herself before standing up, grabbing the books that was scattered all over.

Reena - Nothing you need to know Ayush.

Her voice came cold as Ayushka sighed. This was not new for the Desai sisters, everytime Ayushka takes a step closer to her sister Reena always backed away. As if she was something that needs to avoided.

Ayushka held Reena's wrist when she about to leave the library. Reena stilled but her expression were blank. Ayushka sighed as her eyes welled up with unknown reason.

Ayushka - Why do you avoid me?

Her voice came out in a whisper as she held onto her tears. Her breath ragged as her tears made their way out and down her cheeks. Her grip on Reena's wrist tightened when Reena didn't turn moreover look at her or showed any expression.