thunder and tipsy confessions

pairing: finan x female! reader | genre: fluff, drunk confessions, idk tbh | warnings: small fear of thunder, just so much fluff, kissing | wc: 2k |

synopsis: with the help of some ale, finan finds the courage to tell you how he feels.

request: no but it's for my bestie Lexi 😙

note: i love finan sm, he's the best. This is kinda rushed so i blame that if this totally sucks. now i can start working on some requests!

Finan wouldn't say he was drunk. No, he would say he's 'Tipsy'. He was alone in his room at the inn, sitting at the creaky wood table, drinking the ale the over friendly woman left him. He couldn't go out to the alehouse and drink with others. The weather outside was bad, the wind was loud and so was the rain and thunder. He couldn't drink with uhtred, sihtric, Osferth or you because you all had retired to your rooms. Getting some much-needed rest.

They had rode into the town earlier, having to stop because of the weather. Uhtred wasn't happy about losing another day of riding but he knew his men and you needed the rest. Finan was tired all day but couldn't fall asleep when he laid down. So, he resorted to drinking, not the smartest idea, but he needed something to do. And the more he drank and the louder the thunder got, the more he thought of you.

You wouldn't say you were afraid of the thunder. You just aren't fond of the loud noises. You tried to sleep but you couldn't find peace in the sound of the storm. So, you just laid in the surprisingly comfortable bed, your eyes not leaving the lit fireplace. Your eyes were struggling to keep open and every time they would close, and you felt yourself drifting off to sleep, only for the loud thunder to wake you up.

It was only when the thunder quitend when you felt yourself drift off again only to be awakened again. But this time it wasnt by the thunder, no it was from someone knocking on your door. Your eyes fluttered open, and you let out a frustrated groan that was covered by the sound of the rain. You sit up and fling the warm blankets off your legs, your bare feet touching the cold floor as you rush to the door. You unlock it and swing the heavy wood door open.

In front of you stood a grinning Finan, clad in green sleeveless tunic and brown trousers. Finan's eyes lit up when you opened the door, and he couldn't stop his eyes from raking over your body. You were leaning against your door, dressed in a large white blouse that stopped before your knees, the top string of the blouse untied. Finan quickly brings his eyes back to your face, his cheeks becoming flushed at the sight of you.

"Are you okay?" You question him, emphasizing you. You watched with tired eyes as he slightly swayed before leaning against the door frame. He definitely has been drinking you think to yourself.

"I'm a tad bit tipsy" Finan chirped, his hand coming up to scratch at his beard-covered chin, his eyes not leaving yours. "Just a tad" You repeat his words as you tilt your head, the look on your face showing that you did not believe him.

"Just a wee amount" Finan chuckles, bringing his pointer finger and his thumb close together in a pinch; almost touching. You felt your lips twitch up in amusement at his actions, he was cute when he was tipsy.

"What are you doing here Finan?" You ask with a tired smile.

"I wanted to make sure you are okay, i know how much ya hate the thunder" Finan smiles, a hint of worry in his eyes. He could tell that you didn't get any sleep from the tiredness in your eyes. While he was silently worrying about you, you were silently freaking out by the fact that he remembered your fear and checked on you.