healing hands

pairing: Aldhelm x female! reader | genre: fluff | warnings: mention of blood, I think that's all | wc: 1.3k |

synopsis: you couldn't help but be nervous around Aldhelm.

request: yes

note: omg I can't explain how much I love Aldhelm, he's definitely one of my favs, I really hope you enjoy it! ☺️

"You're good at this" Aldhelm mumbled as he watched your hands swiftly and carefully cleaned the cut on his shoulder. You smile and reach into your satchel that was by his side, pulling out another cloth to clean his wound.

"Others like to say i have healing hands" You joke with a bright smile, thinking back on the many times you have healed your friends over the years and the way they would dramatically praise you, laughing when you would get all flustered.

You were walking through a hallway of the reclaimed home of your friend Uhtred, holding onto your satchel filled with your healing supplies when you nearly ran into Uhtred. He didn't say much, just pointed in a direction saying that someone needed your help and to be careful not to slip on the wet floors. And that's what brought you to what you're doing now, helping Aldhelm.

"I've heard some say you're a witch," Aldhelm says with a small smirk as he looks up at you, trying to focus on anything else besides his aching shoulder. He has heard a few things about you over the past few years but there was never a chance where the two of you have had a conversation until now.

"I'm no witch, I just listened well when my mother taught me how to heal" you say with a small laugh, your eyes focused on his wound. It wasn't the first time you have heard yourself being called a witch, there were many rumors surrounding you and you being a witch. You never paid any attention to them though. At the end of the day, you were healing people, and that's all that matters.

"I'm relieved to be in such good hands" Aldhelm smiles up at you, he finds himself getting lost in your eyes. He found the way your eyebrows were furrowed, and your small pout on your face adorable as you really focused. He's brought out his thoughts from a stinging pain in his shoulder. Aldhelm winces and flinches away from your touch.

"I'm sorry" you say quickly, feeling guilty that you caused him more pain. You were trying to clean his cut very carefully to not make him feel any more pain, but it seems that you used too much pressure. You give him a sorry smile and go back to cleaning his wound, making sure to be more careful.

"It's alright, it's my fault I got hurt, I should have been more careful...more alert" He muttered as he rolled his eyes and clenched his jaw. You could tell that he was very hard on himself.

"Don't say such things" You frown as you set the bloody cloth on the wood table that was behind you. You grab another cloth to clean your hands, before you reach into your satchel for a bandage. You give him a smile before you start to wrap his shoulder. "Besides we all get hurt one way or another in war, either physically or emotionally."

"Did your mother teach you that too?" Aldhelm asks with a faint smile, letting out a heavy breath at the feeling of you wrapping his shoulder.

"Finan taught me that actually."

"You and Finan are close?" Aldhelm questions, even though he already knew the answer. He has seen the two of you together many times, Aldhelm at first even thought the two of you were together until he found out Finan was already married. Were you married? Aldhelm thought. He hoped you weren't. Would it be too forward if i asked?

"He saved me from some raiders who slaughtered my village...we have been close since."

"I'm sorry that happened to you" Aldhelm frowns as he looks at you, his sorry genuine. Aldhelm internally cursed at himself, feeling bad that you had to think about that again. Way to ruin it Aldhelm.

"Thank you, Lord Aldhelm," You whispered as you looked away from his shoulder to his green eyes. You usually hated bringing up your past, seeing the pity and the sorry's people would give you. But strangely it was different from Aldhelm, he was genuine...and his eyes are beautiful.

"Aldhelm is just fine" He stammered out as the two of you made eye contact. Since when did you make him nervous? He thought with a shy smile.

"Well, Aldhelm, your wounds are not severe, you should heal perfectly fine" you tell him with your own shy smile, looking back to his shoulder that was fully wrapped, the few other cuts he had you had cleaned and put some cream on them earlier.

"And the pain?" He winces again as he starts to put back on his tunic. Oh yeah did you forget to mention that he was shirtless this whole time? Yeah, you were trying your hardest not to look the whole time. You failed a few times, but like come on? How could you not have. He's very attractive.

"Nothing a big cup of ale won't fix" you tell him with a giggle as you turn your back to him and clean off your hands again, dipping a clean cloth into the small bowl of water before scrubbing at your hands.

"Let me guess, Finan taught you that as well," Aldhelm laughs as he stands up to put on the rest of his armor. You smile at the mention of your friend and turn to face him. It definitely sounds like something Finan would say, but it wasn't this time. "Actually, my mother did"

"She sounds like quite the woman" Aldhelm smiles warmly, he could tell just by the way you spoke of her, that you cared deeply for her. God, you're really giving me more reasons to like you, Aldhelm thinks, his smile turning into a grin.

"She was" You nodded with a sad smile as you thought back on your mother. Aldhelm notices the sad smile on your face and steps closer to you, and the words are spilling out of his mouth before he realizes "Will you join me?"

"Join you?" You look at him in confusion as you look up at him, your hands halting from putting your things in your satchel. Aldhelm swallows his nerves and gives you a sweet smile "For a big cup of ale...i have a feeling we both could use it."

"I would love to, we should get to it before Finan and Sihtric drink it all and leave us with none" You agree with a smile, putting the strap of your satchel on your shoulder. Aldhelm was smart, handsome and sweet. It would be ridiculous to say no to such an offer. You were internally freaking out that he had asked you to join him.

"You sound as if you speak from experience" Aldhelm was so relieved that you agreed. He didn't know how you captivated him in the little time the two of you had talked. All he knew is that he wanted to know more about you.

"It's a long story" you laugh quietly as the two of you walk out of the small room you were in and down the hallway that leads to the courtyard where everyone should be, most likely all of them drinking. As you walked you made sure not to step in any puddles and made sure not to slip. How embarrassing it would be if I fell in front of him, you nervously thought. Why was he making me so nervous?

"Well, I would love to hear it" Aldhelm smiles, holding out his arm for you to hold like a true gentleman. He had noticed that you seemed to be nervous walking on the wet floors. You smile thankfully and hold onto his arm...his very muscular arm. You internally shout at yourself for feeling so flustered by just touching his muscular arm.

Aldhelm just made you so nervous...in a good way of course. You just didn't understand how he could affect you this much when the two of you barely knew each other. I want to know more about him.

"Well then we definitely will need a big cup of ale."

note: okay so when I first go this req, I had finished the dialogue in like 2 hours...that never happens for me. And I really struggled writing all the details, the descriptions. So I apologize if they seem as if they lack chemistry. This is definitely not my best work, but I still hope you guys enjoy it!

Please comment and tell me what you think about it, I would love to read all your thoughts!