Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I went to the kitchen to get a glass for me and Olivia. She just arrived five minutes ago and she bought pizza, burger, and fries. She also bought some chips in a drive through.

And also, a milk tea for me.

Bumalik na ako ng living room at umupo sa tabi ni Olivia. We decided to sit on the mat instead of the couch, we moved the centre glass table. And now we're leaning against the sofa.

"What are you watching?" Olivia asked as she opened the wine bottle.

I also put a straw on my milk tea to sipped on it. The moment the milk tea touched my tongue, I immediately smiled and giggled secretly.

"Um, countdown," I answered. "I just randomly chose that on Netflix."

Olivia nodded. "Okay. Seems interesting, huh?" She poured wine on her glass.

I shrugged. "Don't know. I haven't read the description."

She looked at me. "When are you planning on leaving?"

I put down my lik tea. "On the other day, I guess."

"Okay, I found a nice place. And as what you requested, it's far and with seaside." Kinuha niya ang phone sa bag. "Here, check it."

I nodded and accepted her phone. Binasa ko ang article ng mabuti, it's indeed far. Sa Cebu itong nahanap niya, ang this place is also far away from city. It's an Island.

"I love it. I can't wait," I said a matter of fact. I felt so much excitement when I saw the place. Binasa ko pa ang review and they were all good.

Leigh-Island Resort... What an amazing place.

"Do you want me to book for you?" Ani Olivia habang ang attention ay nasa TV.

"Could you?"

She looked at me and nodded. "Yes, of course."

Tumango ako at binalik ang phone. "Okay. Make it four months, para advance. Kung sakaling magbago ang isip ko."

Olivia look a bit shocked. "You sure?"

I sighed. "Yes. I'm very sure of it and don't worry, Meijer knows."

"Okay. As you wish, I'll book now."

I nodded and looked at Olivia. "Okay. Choose the best room."

Olivia looked at me and made a face. "Hmm, you're so not like this, Pat."

I frowned and got confused. What is she talking about? I already have hunches but I want her the one to say it.

"I mean," hinarap niya ako. "You like doing things with your own. And as far as I know, we barely bond like this because you like being alone."

I knew it. Though, I don't want to show her my sudden changes because I'm avoiding to feel the awkwardness. Pero mukhang napansin niya.

"You don't have to feel awkward tho." Aniya at sumimsim sa hawak na baso. "I'm just proud of you, because you're trying your best."

I chuckled shyly. "Is it too obvious?"

"For me? Kinda," tumango tango pa ito. "I just notice it kanina sa tawag. I mean, we've been friends for years but you never tried to contact me or maybe you did. Pero mabibilang lang sa daliri," tumawa siya.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Well, it's not too late to change some hobbies, right?"

Olivia sighed. She rested her head on the sofa and looked at me sideways. "Yeah. I told you, I'm just proud of you. You will be not the introvert friend I have met anymore... Well, soon."