Chapter 12 - Worthy Of The Scythe

Guess who's back. Back again.

Let's begin. Tell a friend.

____________________________________________

Tyler was beyond done with this Filolial Queen.

First she threatens them, then makes Filo fight her and threatens to kill Melty if she doesn't and now she let them go even though Filo lost the fight?

Yeah, he didn't trust her.

"When can we leave?" Tyler asked.

"Oh come on, we're not in a rush." Melty said.

"Exactly, we can wait a little while." Raphtalia added.

"At any moment that giant chicken will turn around and try to kill us, and I don't particularly want to be around for that, thanks." He said with a lot of bitterness in his voice.

"Oh calm down Ty. At least you got something good out of this whole thing." Leena said, giving him a knowing look. "I love you Ty."

"Yeah..."

"Goba love hooman too."

Leena leaned into his face with a big smile.

"Now say it back."

"Uhhhh-"

"Come on, say it!"

"I... I don't know what you're talking about." He said, looking away to avoid her seeing his slight blush.

"Yeeees yooou doooo~" she teased. "Four simple words Tyler. Come on... I'll pay you to say it."

"Why would you pay me to say I love you too?"

"Aha! I got you! You said it!"

Tyler realised she was right. He shook his head and laughed.

"You are the biggest fucking dork I have ever known."

"I don't know what a dork is, but I'll assume it's a good thing."

"Scythe Hero... Have you made your decision yet?"

"... I have... I've gone too far to back out now. I might as well see it through to the end... And I guess I'll try to, you know, talk to Motoyasu and Itsuki... No promises." Standing up, Tyler puts a hand on Pebble's back. "I can at least shoot at anything that gets too close."

His Scythes never came back to him since that night.
He wasn't sure why, but he was oddly glad.

As much as he needed them, he didn't  think he deserved them. So they'll stay missing forever if they have to. Until he drops dead.

"I have never come across a Hero who was able to detach themselves from their cardinal weapon. Plenty of Heroes in the past been horrible people before, yet they could still use them... Perhaps the Scythes are different?"

"Whatever. Let's just get this over with."

Tyler hopped onto the back of Pebble, the other two following.

Tyler looked to the side when he noticed the filolial from last night.

"What?.... What do you want?...... Fitoria! Get your bird!"

To his shock, Fitoria smiled, only slightly.

"It seems that one likes you. He says he'll miss you, and will look forward to your next visit."

Tyler looked down at the bird and placed a hand on its head.

"Fine... If we survive, we'll come back and visit. Maybe."