Chapter 2: Dance the Night Way

Sorry I didn't update this story and was hoping to draw a scene to go with this chapter but I have a lot of things to do so that picture going had wait.

Charles POV
"Everyone welcome to Stickmin's Celebration Party for his one year anniversary of his resort," Carol said.

Everybody applauded as the lights dimmed all in a sudden.

"Now please welcome the host and owner Henry Stickmin, himself." Henry walked out as the crowd grew wild, Rupert rolled his eyes at that but I didn't care.

"Hello everyone welcome to the biggest event where you all able to have fun all night long whenever you want," he said, in the microphone.

The crowd cheered for Henry and he bowed in gratitude. "Enjoy this party y'all."

Henry stepped off the stage as the party continue, he gently grab my hand, and he lead the way.

"Uh I think I can just follow you..... without holding hands," I said.

He gave a confused look but agreed and still lead the way. I feel awkward right now but I can do this or at least I think. God my brain!?
He lead us to the vip lounge, sat down, and gestured me to sit down.

"So how did you build your business?"

"Well it took a lot of money but lucky there was a lot of money in the vault, so I can renovated this whole criminal base," Henry said.

"Cool but how long did it take you?" He took a glass of wine and sips a little before responding. "About three months but it was worth."

"That's good to hear." Henry chuckled and I laughed along, he wasn't so bad as people thought. Sure he is an ex convict but he's learning.

"You were right about one thing." Henry's smiled faded as he continued. "I'm pretty lonely even when I have friends on the station. My employees have somebody to hang out with while I don't."

I felt guilty for Henry but he looked uncomfortable and turned his head. Henry didn't want pity from me or anybody else. I was about to speak but a brunette woman appeared out of nowhere and went forward Henry.

"Excuses me, I don't mean to bothered you but would you like to have a little dance with me? You looked certainly bored sitting there."

"Of course miss." They moved to the middle and started dancing with everybody watching. I had to admit they dance beautifully together and Henry is having a good time.

I was happy for him but why did I feel sad about it. Somebody tapped me on my shoulder and I jumped, seeing Konrad and Calvin behind me, stuffing their faces.

"Dude are you alright?," Konrad said.

"Yes, of course I am. Why?"

Both of them gives me a smug look as they jumped over the velvet ropes and sat down right next to me.

"Charles, we literally saw you giving dreaming eyes to Henry," Calvin said.

"And the beautiful woman taking Henry with her for a dance," Konrad said.

"Yeah and including the part she's stoled your man," Calvin joked.

I turned red like a glowing fireflies. I mean they're right but.... WAIT MINUTES!?! "What!? Guys are you serious!?"

"Charles you should sneak up on Henry and surprise him with your own dance with him."

"Calvin I don't think that's a good idea. I don't want to embarrassment myself especially Henry or the nice lady."

"Actually they just stopped," Konrad pointed.

Henry and the woman finishing with a final poses as everybody cheered and clapped.

"Now go before an another woman steals your man," Calvin said.

They forced me up and shoved me to the front as Henry kissed the woman's hand. I definitely going to regret this after few minutes. I swiftly grab Henry's arm, turning him around, and holding in a dance position.

There were a few gasps, Henry was speechless, blooming red, and I was trying to not to cringe from this awkward situation.

"Uh sorry to put you on the spot but do you want to have this dance?"

Henry grins at me and quickly switched the positions.

"Sured but tried to keep up with me~"

He swung me up and stared and started the dance as I moved to his movements. We both spun around in the circle and Henry twirled me and moves me close.

"So ready for the final move Charles~"

"Ready for what?"

"Do you trust me." He whispered, softly in my ears as we kept dancing. I didn't fully trust him but I can trust him just once.

"Yes I do."

He quickly pulls me close as he holds me. "Get ready to fly pilot boy~"

Henry throw me to the top and I feel blue light glowing around me. I immediately knew Henry had something to do with this but I went along with it as I spin in circles in the air.

Then I felt the light disappearing and I dropped down in Henry's arms as he hold me down. Everyone busted in cheering as loud they can and clapping in excitement. Henry bend down and kiss my hand.

"Thank you for the dance, Charles."

"Y-you're welcome, Henry."

"Also Rupert was watching and he don't see happy about it."

Henry was right, Rupert were glaring at us.

"Thank you for the warning." Henry walked away as Rupert rushed toward me.

"Why the f*** are you dancing with an ex criminal!?!"

"Why should it matter he's a good guy now."

"He could be stealing from his clients."

"Has there's been reports of theft. No it's a five stars resort for a reason."

Rupert stood quiet as I stormed away to go find Henry. It took me few moments finally found Henry looking at the window while sitting on a floating couch.

"H-how are y-you doing that!?!" Henry turned to me, not looking shock or scary but looks calm at me.

"Come sit next to me and I will explain everything to you." Despite the bad feeling, I sat next to Henry waiting for an answer as the couch floats up a bit.

Whatever it is Henry is handing it well than normal.