Chapter 3: Small Conversation

Charles POV
"I'm sorry that you have to found out this way." Henry looked away awkwardly while brushing through his hair.

"Technically I noticed through the dance but continued," I said.

Henry let out a sign before answering my question. "A meteor crashed into the orbital station a year ago and I had to quickly patched it while the others clean up the damages."

"Then as things were getting fix, I saw something glowing in the rock and found a crystal. Next thing I know I have these powers."

I process all of this information that Henry gave. Its seems like he found something dangerous and using it to improve his resort. Which is good because the military already dealing with enough trouble after the Toppat Clan.

But with how much power that crystal contained somebody might steal out of greed and most likely to found out how dangerous it really is. But I can't arrest Henry since this happened on the station and not on earth. Even know he shouldn't kept this a secret.

"Look Henry, I know you're a nice guy but you should stop showcasing this artifact. If people found out, your business might be endangered and so will your employees."

His face grew sad after my words. I felt guilty but I knew it's for the best.

"Yeah you're right."Henry stood up and walked toward the door. "I'll hide it immediately but you should go back to the party and enjoy yourself."

He soon disappeared off while I still sitting there on the couch. I still feel awful but it's better than the general or Rupert finding out.

Henry POV

I placed the crystal in a glass case before stepping out the vault. This rock help me a lot but I don't want to cause trouble to anybody. I thought I saw a shadow by the hallway but saw nothing. I shut the door, putting security features on the vault and left for the night.

The next day
"Sir, there's an another visitor asking for you," Carol said.

"Who is it?," I said.

"Rupert Price, the unhappy one at the event."

I wasn't in a mood for complaints but I have nothing better to do after finishing the paperwork.

"Okay where is he."

"He's actually outside of your office, waiting for you in case you refused." She looks concerned but I assured her that I will be alright.

By my guess Rupert was probably angry about the dance or got suspicious about the performance. I have no ideas but I should make things right. I stepped out of the room and of course he was outside, giving me death stares which I wasn't surprised.

"Mr. Price I'm sorry if we came on the wrong foot but you can't keep holding this grudge against me." Rupert kept up his act but I reused. "I'm doing my best to have a honest living and I appreciate if you gave me a chance."

His stares slowly dies down but I still saw angry in his eyes like he's about to jumped me when I least expect it.

"Stickmin, you cause me enough trouble and what's makes you think I trust you one second," Rupert growled.

"Maybe a little reunion with an old friend." I signaled the turquoise eyes to come out. Ever since I told him that Rupert was here, he was a bit timid. Well, actually very nervous but I convinced him.

"I think you know Dave Panpa."

His jaw dropped widened open as Dave hugged him tight, then soon Rupert returns it with bigger one. It's kinda quite nice to see a reunion between good friends.

I decided to leave them only for a while and I can especially avoid Rupert now. But when I turned the corner to find Charles, smiling in the background.

"That's really nice of you to set a reunion between Rupert and his friend," he chuckled.

"It's the least I can do," I said.

"So... about last night?"

His face blushed red after his sentence and I remember what's he talking about. That dance was magical. I bloom red on my face but it went away.

"Wanna drink about it?"

"Like alcohol or other beverages?," he said.

"Sodas, now c'mon on." I gently took his hand and lead him away with a big smile on my face.

We bumped into Sven and Burt as they were drinking coffee. Sven said hi while Burt was still drinking but he waved his hand.

"Hey guys how was the party."

"Pretty great, Henry," Sven smiled.

"Maybe, next time the light can be less bright and more dimmer," Burt said.

"I'll take a quick note, see ya guys," I said, walking away.

"I thought you said you don't have close friends?," Charles asked.

"Well, Sven used to hate me so it's took some times to trust me but Burt seems nice."

"If you said so."

At the lounge area.

Charles and I made a few conversation about everything. Those Charles talks a lot and I just listened. I got a few laughs. I swiftly checked my phone and saw two hours went without even noticing.

"You know it was very dramatic when you grab my hand and made that scene," I chuckled.

"Yeah, not my best effort," he giggled.

"Really? The audience love it,"

"Well I got put up for this."

"Whatever you say."

Charles drinks some soda as I got out my phone again but small vision came to my mind. Me being at a bar, then Charles excited to see me again? Before I can questioned, red lights started going on and off, then a large alerted rings off.

Alert, Alert, Break In The Vault!

What!?!

I rushed out of the room with Charles following me. There was already a crowd of confused people and even the general. I jumped in the vault and my eyes grew widened in shock and fear.

.....
The crystal was gone!?!