Chapter 7

Raya stayed in the lab with Ross. She was practicing with the spear from the Dora. She flung it around and starting stabbing the air.

"You're Raya Cameron right?" Ross asked her and she stopped and put her spear to her side.

"Yes." She said looking at him.

"The CIA has been wondering where you have been for the last week. Wondering why you haven't done anything. But I guess this explains it."

She walked by Ross. "I'm not that person anymore. I've been pardoned and given a second chance. I'm not going to ruin it." She said pointing the spear and put it back on its display holder.

"They know. They didn't know you left the country. I'm surprised the king has let you stay even though you guys fought one on one." He said nodded to her shoulder.

She looked down at her shoulder and back at him. "Apologizes have been made and mercy has been granted. We are actually becoming close." Raya said and the man nodded.

"Tony Stark had asked T'Challa if I could stay with him. He agreed and so now I'm here for eight months to a year. Learning and working on myself." She explained and sat at the table and began working on the computer.

She pulled up more data on Erik. "How'd you know about Erik?" Ross asked her and she sighed. "You see that scar on my back?" She asked him. "Yep."

"That was a gift from him when I was sent to assassinate someone. Turns out we were both sent and when we saw each other we fought. He left me for dead and assassinated the target." She explained.

"How many people have tried to kill you?" Ross asked her walking in front of her.

Raya thought for a moment before speaking up. "20. But they obviously didn't succeed. They're either dead or apparently now in Wakanda."

Raya's beads went off alerting someone entering the lab. She got up and walked over to the door revealing T'Challa. "Raya I need you." He said and she walked to her chair grabbing her shirt and putting it on before going over by him.

"What's wrong?" She asked him and put a hand on his shoulder. "He's challenging for king and I accepted." He said turning his head to her. Her face dropped. "Why would you do this?"

"He is Wakandan and he is of the blood. He has the right." He said and she took her hand off his shoulder. "When is the challenge?" Ray asked him. "A few hours." She cursed to herself.

"Do you want my help? I've fought him before. I can give you pointers from what I remember." She said to him and he nodded his head.

"He will strike first. He's hits are heavy. He is strong and fierce and won't back done. When he's knocked back down he gets back up." Raya explained.

He nodded his head. "Thank you Raya." He said pulling the girl into a quick hug. "Good luck." She said he he smiled and walked out.

Once he was gone she went back to her room and wait. All she should do is hope and pray that he will be alright.

After over an hour of waiting she had a bad feeling. She changed into a black tank top with her leggings. She put on her shoes and walked out. She looked to see no guards and she walked to the lab.

She grabbed a small folding dagger that Shuri had designed and placed it into the small pocket of her leggings. She grabbed the kimoyo beads and put them on. She walked out the lab to still find no Dora.

She walked into the throne room and looked around to find no one. More time must have gone passed because it was dark outside.

"Who are you and what are you doing in here?" A voice asked. She knew it but she didn't want to believe it. She didn't move. "I asked you a question"

She sighed and turned around slowly to see him standing there instead of T'Challa. She then realized he was dead.

"I know you." Erik said as he walked up closer to her. She didn't dare to move or look at him. Instead she looked straight ahead. She felt his eyes all over her body. "Thought you were dead." He said coldly.

She finally looked at him. "You're going to wish I was." She said as she took out her blade and unfolded it and slicing his arm. He stepped back in surprise. He looked at his arm and back at her. 

She went into a fighting position waiting for his attack but it didn't come. Only an interrogation.

"Raya mother fucking Cameron. Death's angel. The girl made for carnage. The youngest mercenary known. You are quite famous for your kills. How many do you have now? 100? 200? Perhaps more now." Erik asked her as he circled her.

"I lost count." Raya said as she moves her legs not letting him out of her sight. He shook his head. "No one loses count. Look at me. I know my kill count"

Her eyes scanned his body. "264." She said softly but loud enough for him to hear. He whistled. "That's dedication I'll give you that and as an independent. How old are you now?" Erik asked the girl.

She straighten out. "18."

He stopped walking and that made her stop. "That's a lot of death for a teenager girl." He said with an almost sincere voice. She noticed the change in his voice.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He said and she tilted her heard. "I don't believe you." She said nodding her head forward. He shook his head and walked closer to her and she stepped back.

He put his hands out in a surrendering gesture. She moved her eyes from his hands to his face a couple of times to make sure he wasn't faking. Raya put her dagger to her side.

"If you're not going to hurt me then what are you going to do with me?" She asked him with her voice slightly raised. He put his hands to his side and looked her up and down.