Chapter 11: Infinity War

Almost two years had passed since Raya has come to Wakanda. She was glad to call it home. She had grown closer with Shuri, T'Challa, Okoye, Nakia, and some others.

Raya and Shuri had become best friends. They would talk about anything and everything. They even had a matching tattoo. A tiny heart on their ankles.

It was peaceful.

She had grown stronger, mentally and physically.

Raya had be trained with the Dora when she wasn't working with Shuri in the lab.

She had even got to help design Bucky's new arm.
She designed a new suit and weapons for herself.
It was more durable and a better fitting for her body. Because Shuri's suit had been ruined by Killmonger.

Raya was in her room writing her her journal when a knock came at the door. "Come in." She said while sitting in her chair. The door opened at it was T'Challa. He had come in with a stern look on his face. Her face dropped and she stood up.

He never made that face unless something bad has happened.

"I have received a message from the Avengers. Come with me I'll explain on the way." He said and she followed him out.

T'Challa had explained and they were walking out to inform Bucky. They walked side by side with Okoye and two of the kingsguard.

"The Kingsguard and the Dora Milaje have been alerted." Okoye explained. "And the border tribe?" T'Challa asked. "Those that are left."

"Send work to the Jabari as well. M'Baku likes a good fight." He said looking at Okoye. She said something in Xhosa. "And what of this one?" She asked.

"This one may be tired of war but the white wolf has rested long enough." T'Challa said as they walked down by Bucky.

One of the guards put the case on the haystack truck and opened it up and stepped away while Bucky walked up to them.

He looked at it for a moment. "Where's the fight?" He asked. "On it's way." Raya said to him.

Raya had gone back to her room and had grabbed the box at the back of her closet and grabbed her suit and changed into it. She had put her hair and braids into a bun and walked at a fast pace to the lab.

(Raya's suit inspo from an earlier Yelena's suit concept design from Hawkeye)

She had grabbed two hand gun and put them into the hostlers on each other her thighs. She had grabbed six daggers and put them into the holders in her belt.

She grabbed the two electric batons and put them on the holsters on her back. She put on her war paint on her face and she looked over to Shuri who was just staring at her.

She hesitated. "What?" She asked her and she shook her head. "Nothing." Shuri went back to her things. Her beads went off and she looked to see everyone enter in the lab.

When she saw Steve she ran up to him and hugged him. "Steve." She said with a smile on her face. "Hey Raya." He said as she pulled away and she looked at his face. She put her hands on his cheeks. "Didn't know you could grow one." She said looking at her.

He pulled her hands away. "It suits you." She added and he smiled. She walked over to the others. She stopped to see them looking at her. "Why does everyone keep looking at me like that?" She asked out loud. She turned to her head to T'Challa and he shrugged.

"You look...grown up." Wanda said to her. "And hot." Natasha added and Raya blushed. "As do you." She said to the woman. Raya looked over to Bruce.

"We haven't met yet I'm Bruce. Bruce Banner also known as the Hulk." He said pulling out his hand. She shook his hand. "I'm Raya Cameron. Formally known as death's angel." She said and his face dropped.

"I've heard of you." He said and she stared at him awkwardly. "Everyone has." She quietly said.

He walked away. "Nice suit." Natasha said looking at her body. "Thanks, I got inspired by someone." Raya said smiling at her and Natasha smiled back.

They had got Vision to the table and he laid down. Shuri scan him with her kimoyo beads. "Whoa." She heard Bruce say. "The structure is polymorphic." Shuri said looking at the hologram of the stone.

"Right we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially." Bruce explained. "Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" Shuri asked and Raya and Vision looked at him. "Because we didn't think of it." Bruce attempted.

"I'm sure you did your best." Raya said smilingly at him. "Can you do it?" Wanda asked. "Yes but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures. It will take time, brother." She explained.

"How long?" Steve asked. "As long as you can give us." Shuri replied.

An alarm went off and Okoye pressed her kimoyo beads go show a blueprint of the area. "Something's entered the atmosphere."

They looked out the windows to see ships hit the dome and land on the ground outside of the dome. "Fucking hell." Raya whispered to herself.

Raya and T'Challa looked at each other and he turned his head to Steve. "It's too late. We need to destroy the stone now." Vision said sitting up.
"Vision get your ass back on the table." Natasha said walked out.

"We will hold them off." T'Challa said. "Wanda, as soon as that stone's out of his head....you blow it to hell." Steve said. "I will." Wanda nodded.  "Evacuate the city, engage all defense, and get this man a shield." T'Challa said pointing at Steve.

Raya walked to T'Challa's side as they started to walk out. He stopped and she did and looked at him. "You are not coming." T'Challa said and she shook her head. "I'm fighting." Raya said stepping forward.

She stopped when his hand grabbed her upper arm. "As the king I demand you stay here, where it's safe." She stared at him knowing she can't convince him.

She sighed and agreed. "Be safe." She said giving him a hug. "I always am. I will see you soon."

They pulled apart and nodded at each other and she watched him walk away.