Chapter 19

Raya woke up to see Riri right next to her.
She groaned at sat up. "What happened and where are we?" Raya asked looking around in confusion. "Some sort of cave and just as we got away from the people these blue people came and took us here." She explained.

Raya looked back at the girl. "Where is Shuri?" Raya asked in s panic. "Talking to Namor. She's safe." Riri assured her. "How long was I out for?" Riri shrugged. "I don't really know. We woke up and you were still out. More than a hour, maybe."

Raya stood up but she immediately fell down and Riri fell down to her knees next to her. "What's wrong?" She asked scanning the girl. Raya shook her head. "Probably a concussion."

"You have blood on you." Riri said pointing to her shoulder. "Help me up." Raya asked and she helped getting her back on the hammock. Raya unzipped her suits top and took of the top part leaving her in her sports bra.

She looked down at her shoulder to see one of the panther claw scars recut. "Shit. It's not bad." Raya said looking back at the girl to see her stare at her scars. "Never seen a scar before?" Raya asked.

Riri shook her head looking at the girls eyes. "No. Just not one so big. What's that from?" She asked. Raya looked down. "From the king a few years back. The Accords happened and I was on a different side. He sliced me."

Raya turned around to show her back. "These are from Killmonger. He was a SEAL and a mercenary." She turned back around. "I have a lot more. All with stories attached to them." Raya explained.

"It must be hard having lived through that and having being reminded of it all the time." Riri said with sympathy in her voice. "Most of these are my fault. It's the price you pay when you have taken the lives of others." Raya said putting on the top half of her suit and zipping it back up.

"You have any scars?" Raya asked. "No." Riri said to her.

They saw someone come in the room. It was Shuri. "Namor wants to speak with you Raya." She said walking towards the girl. She looked at her and behind her to see guards waiting for her.

She nodded at Shuri and followed them.

They led her to his hut and they stopped outside of it. She took a deep breath and put on a stern face and walked in and saw him standing and waiting for her.

She scanned her eyes over his body and looked back at his face. Waiting for him to speak. "Raya Cameron I have heard a lot about you." He had said with his accent think. She put her chin out. "What have you heard?" She asked curiously.

He put in arms in front of him. "I've heard the whispers of the surface world for years. The young girl who had killed hundreds all over the world." He said and she crossed her arms.

"I didn't call you here to go over your past actions. I asked you here for knowledge. A better understanding of the surface world." He said to her.

She stared at him. "What do you want to know?"
He took a step closer to her and she didn't move. "I understand you are American. You have knowledge of the government." He asked and she chuckled and his face dropped.

"I know nothing of the government. I was an independent. I did my own business without the government. I would never work with the people who have hunted me for years." She explained.

He nodded his head. "A warrior without an army."

"Haven't you ever thought out revenge against them." He asked and she didn't move. "I have but never acted upon it. I keep my anger at bay and don't let it consume me. You should do the same." She said.

She analyzed his face. "I have a nation to protect. To keep hidden and I cannot let anyone interfere with that." He said. "I understand that but you can not murder an innocent girl. She did not mean to have her machine stolen from her and used by the government. She had no knowledge of this."

A girl came into the hut and said something to him in another language. "I have to go....talk to the Queen." He said as he walked out.

She walked out shortly after and was led back to Shuri and Riri.

She walked back in the see them both stand. She shook her head and walked towards them. "What did he say to you?" Raya asked. "He wants to go to war with the surface world and asked me to help him. I need to think." Shuri said and Riri sat down. "We ain't never getting out of here."

Shuri went by the woman and grabbed food. She looked off into the distance. She turned around to see Nakia. "Hey." One of the guards said and Nakia aimed the gun at her.

Riri stood next to Raya. Nakia spoke in their language. She lady said something and went to move and Nakia shot at her. The woman with the fruit stood up and grabbed Shuri putting a knife to her throat.

"Shuri." Nakia said and then she spoke in Xhosa. She moved and Nakia shot at the woman and hit her. Shuri bent down to the women and Nakia ran to them. "Are you okay?" She asked all three of them.

"Give me your beads." Shuri pleased to Nakia. "Let's go." She said as she looked around. "Give me your beads I can save her." Shuri said and Nakia bent down by her. "We have to go."

"Shuri I don't know who this lady is but we need to listen to her." Riri said. "Listen, I hit her with a sonic round. It's lethal from this distance. There's no chance." Shuri looked at her. "You don't understand. This will mean war."

"We have to go." Raya said pulling her arm. "Wait." Shuri prostest but Raya pulled her away. They ran to the ship and they were pulled to the surface.