Chapter 14

After returning back to Wakanda they would have a celebration. A celebration of life.

Raya watched the fireworks from her room window.

She curled up in her bed hugging her knees. Listening to the silence, just thinking. Thinking of Tony, Natasha, and Steve.

She had been grateful for Tony and everything he had done for her. For giving her a second chance.

She had looked up to Natasha from the beginning. A strong, independent female who didn't need a man to fight for her. She had taken inspiration for her suit.

She had Steve, who was a father figure to her. He was their when no one else was. He was the only family she had. She had wished she had gotten a chance to say goodbye.

But she has a new family now. One that cares about her. One full of openness and love.

A knock came at the door and she got up and walked to the door. She opened it to see T'Challa. She stepped aside so he could come in and she closed the door once he got in.

There was a moment of silence before she spoke up. "I don't know what comes next." She said and looked at him. He turned to her. "What do you mean by that?" She sighed. "I don't know where to go from here."

He stepped closer to her. "You don't have to go anywhere. I have told you, you have a home here. You may stay if you wish. You can stay for as long as you want." He said and she nodded her head.

"How about this. Get some rest and I'll come by in the morning and show you something. I think you may like it." He said smiling at her.

They said their goodbye and he left.

After Raya woke up she gotten dressed and waited for T'Challa. Her kimoyo bead light up and she left.

She walked outside to see him waiting for her.

They had taken a ride far from the City. She looked out to see the beautiful land and smiled at the sight.

They arrived at a field full flowers.

They got out and walked to it. She had looked out at the flowers. There must have hundreds.

"Do you know the significance of flowers?" He had asked her looking out at the field. She looked up at him. "No." She said looking back at the field.

"Some flowers represent joy, pleasure, friendship, purity. But some also represent forgiveness and death. They help facilitate emotional release." He explained and she smiled.

"I brought you here because flowers give a new sense of peace, of new beginnings. Death is not the end."

They turned to each other. "Thank you." Raya said and he nodded.

They came back and Raya went to the lab to talk to Shuri. She walked in to see her standing there already. "So what are we working on today?" Raya asked as they walked down to their station.

"Um well we've been gone for five years apparently so they built a new lab and upgraded it. I have to say I'm actually impressed by it. But today we aren't going to work on much." Shuri explained.

Raya nodded her head. "Okay. Did you want to work on new weapons?" She asked and Shuri looked at her. "They already have worked on weapons. But we could work on the computers together. Looking through schematics." Raya nodded and they began working.

Raya worked on the computer in front of Shuri. She would periodically look at the girl and back at the screen. She was happy to be here.

Raya didn't know what was going to come next but she was going to stay and find out.