𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

"No, Kenny is the best!  He can say literally anything, and get away with it 'cause of the coat," your friend shouted.

'Cartman is the best, and you can't convince me otherwise,' you wrote.

"Dear god, don't tell me you're having this argument again," another friend groaned, taking a seat next to you.

"This isn't an argument Hallie.  This is an educated conversation about a new television series."

'We're practicing for Mickey's class.  He starts tomorrow,' you excused.

"No, it's just an argument.  You can't fool me.  But anyways, (n/n), we still on for movie night at your apartment," Hallie asked.

'Wouldn't miss it for the world,' you replied.

"Wait, hear me out," Mickey began.  "You let me join you this time."

"No," Hallie quickly responded.

"Why not?!"

"Need I remind you what happened last time we let you intrude?"

'My place still smells like burnt popcorn and cough syrup.  You're lucky if I let you through the front door,' you stated.

"Look... I got this new roommate... he really needs help socializing.  Please," Mickey begged.  "You can even do an airport search before I come in.  He needs this."

"(y/n), I know that look.  Don't tell me you're buying into this story," Hallie pleaded.

Too late.  You bought into it.

You felt bad for this mystery roommate.  You knew how hard it was to socialize.  Or function as a semi-normal human.  Especially after... the incident back in Woodsboro.  Talking to new people, you feared they had some sort of ulterior motive.  And you hated going places alone.  You felt like those two might be out there, watching.  Waiting for the perfect moment to jump out and kill you.

Luckily for you, Hallie recognized you from the news after you first moved.  Your grandmother had moved into an apartment just off the campus of Windsor college.  Hallie and Mickey were attending classes there, and it was the classic extroverts adopt introvert.  And even luckier for you, the both of them stayed near campus during summer.  So even when classes ended, you weren't completely alone.

'You can bring your new roommate.  We're watching 'Toy Story,'" you told him.

Mickey began to cheer and thank you profusely, while Hallie groaned and rolled her eyes.  Mickey then jumped up from where he was sitting at the outdoor picnic table the three of you constantly frequented, and made his way over towards you.  He grabbed your shoulders, and began to violently shake you back and forth.

"You don't know how much this means to mean (y/n)," Mickey shouted.  "Thank you so fucking much!"

"Chill out there bud," Hallie advised.  "You might shake a word out of them."

"Wait, that's a thing?!"

And with that, he began shaking you even harder.

"Say something!  Anything," he begged.

"Just humor him (y/n)," Hallie said.

"Oklahoma," you managed to say through the violent moments.

"I GOT SOMETHING," Mickey screamed excitedly, finally letting you go.

He went to take his usual seat back once more, when he suddenly began to wave someone over quite violently.

"Looks like you two get to meet the new roomie a bit early," Mickey told you.  "Oh look, he's got his little lady friend with him!  They came here together from that one murder town."

You both turned to look, and you could feel the blood drain from your face.  It was like watching  ghosts walk across the campus.  One had literally told you he didn't want to see you ever again.  And pointed out the cold hard truth: it was your fault Casey and Steve were dead.

'Hey, I just remember I have something I need to do to get ready for class.  I'll catch you guys later,' you quickly scribbled.

You didn't want to see them.  They didn't want to see you.  So you were just going to go and let Hallie meet them.

"Hey, are you okay," Hallie interrogated.  "It looks like you've seen a ghost."

"You don't get to leave," Mickey quickly said, grabbing your hand.

You tried to pull your arm away to free yourself, but Mickey was stronger than you.  Shit.

"Hey Mick," a familiar voice greeted.

"Randy!  How you been?!"

Hallie perked up at that.  She recognized the name.  She had seen it on the news with yours.  How did Mickey not recognize this guy?!  How dense was he?

"Hey, let them go," Hallie demanded.  "If they have shit to do, they have shit to do."

Mickey reluctantly released you, and you quickly began to grab your stuff.  You turned to leave, only to run right into someone.

"Woah, I'm sorry, I didn't... oh.  Hey..." Randy trailed off.

"(y/n)?!  Oh my goodness, I haven't seen you since you moved," Sidney began.  "How've you been?"

You gave her a thumbs up quickly, and maneuvered between the two of them to make your way back home.  You just wanted to lay down in bed and cry.

You heard Randy calling after you, but you ignored him.  You didn't want to deal with this right now.  You heard footsteps running up from behind you, and suddenly, someone grabbed your shoulder.  You jumped about a foot in the air from fear, preparing to get stabbed.

"Woah, it's just me," Hallie told you.  "Come on, keep walking.  Mickey's distracting them so they can't follow you home or anything."

Hallie let go of your shoulder and grabbed your hand, leading the way back towards your apartment.

"I'm sorry about Mick.  He's a bonehead.  I can call him when we get to your place and call off movie night."

You began to violently shake your head.  A distraction would be nice.  You highly doubted that Randy would want to come (and that Hallie would let him inside), and a stupid kids movie about toys would be able to get your mind off the fact you were probably going to keep running into Randy on campus.

This year was gonna be Hell.

Well, can't be as bad as last year, right?