ꕤ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼 | arrival

"we have arrived at myrtle beach, south carolina

"we have arrived at myrtle beach, south carolina. please exit the front of the plane in an orderly fashion, and please don't forget the items you brought with you. we hope you had a relaxing flight."

the lady speaking through the intercom woke y/n up; it looks like she slept for the majority of the flight.

y/n rubbed the sleep from her eyes and grabbed her things, following her fellow passengers off the plane.

after she retrieved her luggage from the conveyor belt, y/n quickly called a taxi to come and pick her up from the airport.

"where to, miss?" the driver asked once she got into the back seat.

"this address please," y/n answered, handing the driver a crumpled piece of paper with the address to the beach house written on it.

the driver nodded and pulled out of the airport and onto the roads of myrtle beach.

tall palm tress were lined neatly on the busy streets of ocean boulevard, and a variety of tourist shops lit up the town. the one thing that outshone everything was the great ferris wheel.

it took around twenty minutes until the taxi stopped at a cookie-cutter house. the beach houses rested upon pillars to protect the homes from getting flooded by the nearby beach.

looking at the pearly white house in front of her, y/n could tell that it could certainly fit more than just one person.

"this is your stop, miss," the driver concluded while taking a glance at her from the back seat.

"thank you sir," y/n replied kindly. once she got out of the taxi and unloaded her bags, y/n approached the house.

"hey- looks like you need some help there," a male voice inquired.

swiftly turning around, y/n came face to face with a male with jet black hair.

y/n stared at the male with absolutely no interest and shook her head, "no, i can carry my bags in myself."

"you're a feisty one," the boy chuckled, "but i insist. a girl like yourself shouldn't be carrying these bags around with no help. you moving in?"

"i'm only staying here for the summer," y/n sighed, assuming she can't change the boy's mind, "my parents forced me out of my own home to stay somewhere that i've never been to. i hate it here already..."