019. Snow days

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

Snow days

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

As early December approached snow appeared more frequently on the grounds of Hogwarts. It had been snowing heavily for the past week which gave the outside a seemingly beautiful white covering. Eva was wearing all her warm clothes when she decided to go out to Hogsmeade with her friends.

Sirius, Remus, and Peter all went into the sweet shop to get a few things for the week while Eva and James stayed outside enjoying each other's company. James had led Eva into an open part of Hogsmeade that wasn't filled with benches and stores, and not wanting to crush his excitement, Eva allowed herself to be dragged along. A soft gasp escaped her lips as she walked into the open area, snow crunching underneath her feet with every step. She tilted her head back, staring into the white sky as snowflakes kissed her lashes and cheekbones.

"Eva!" James called.

As she turned to face him, a snowball hit her square in the chest. She gasped, watching the smirk on his face grow as he laughed lightly. Allowing him to distract himself with his amusement, she bent down and quickly made her own ammunition, firing two snowballs back at him with vigor.

"This means war, Eva!"

"Oh, You're so on, Potter!"

What should have been a calm, simple snowball fight had become a tactical battle. If anybody were to look out of the window, they would be perplexed at the sight of two figures, hunched and creeping around the sparse trees. James's cheeks were flushed a light red, the ends of his unruly hair sticking out from underneath his knitted hat. He laughed merrily as he threw another onslaught of snowballs in her direction, shrieking as one of her snowballs narrowly missed him.

When James lost sight of her, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he squinted, scanning the sea of white for her deep green jacket. It was only when he felt the shock of freezing snow against his back that he realized where she had gone. He yelped in response, desperately shaking his jumper in the hopes of ridding himself of the sensation, arms flapping around wildly as she laughed, eyes filling with tears at the sight before her. This quickly turned to panic when he picked up his own chunk of snow and began to advance toward her with a devilish grin. Her eyes widened as she began to plead, hands held up in defense.

"Okay, I'm sorry! truce! I'm calling a truce!" She reasoned.

"Now now, darling," James teased. "Don't call a truce just yet, let me finish what you started."