Chapter 8

When the children awoke later that morning, Ryoko was nowhere to be found. But there was breakfast on the table.

"Where's Miss Ryoko?" Eri asked as all the kids stood in the kitchen.

"Alice isn't here. Maybe She's in Alice's room." Brad suggested.

"Let's go check." Cody said as all the kids walked over to Alice's room. Cody opened the door to only find Alice playing with Kuriboh.

"Hai!" She laughed as she stood up and walked over to the others.

"Hey Alice!" Mokuba laughed as she hugged him. Mokuba picked her up and held her.

"So if Miss Ryoko's not here, then where is she?" Cody mumbled.

"Maybe she didn't finish handing out the videos?" Eri mumbled.

"There's only four of us that made videos. I don't think it would have taken her all night." Brad said. The kids stepped out of Alice's room and went back into the kitchen.

"Let's eat before the food goes cold. Then we can continue looking." Cody says. The other kids agreed. However, Mokuba couldn't get Alice into her high chair. So he placed her in the seat next to him to feed her himself.

********

When the kids finished eating, they put their dishes in the sink and began looking for Ryoko.

"Do you think she went outside?" Brad suggested.

"That's a possibility. Let's look." Cody said as he went to the trap door. He tried to open it up but it was too heavy.

"Help me open it!" Cody said to the other kids. The other kids tried to lift the trapdoor. But it would not budge.

"It's too heavy!" Mokuba huffed as he fell on his butt.

"Or Maybe it's just locked." Eri said.

"Why would Miss Ryoko lock it?"

"It's not locked. It's magic." The kids jumped and turned to the hall. Ryoko stood there with a chuckle.

"Miss Ryoko!" They cried as they ran to her. The children began spurring questions. Ryoko laughed as she picked up Alice.

"Calm down you four. I was preparing something for you all." She said as she adjusted the toddler in her hold.

"Preparing what?" Cody asked.

"Why don't we go outside and see for ourselves?" Ryoko said as she opened a portal. The kid became excited and ran into the portal. Once outside, they gasped in awe as they saw a large screen. The screen had a large map on display. As the kids examined the screen, they saw that it was showing the map of an obstacle course. They were in awe at the different sights throughout the forest.

"This is amazing!" Mokuba shouted as he ran up to it.

"It's huge!" Brad said as he stood in awe.

"I've never seen anything like it!" Eri gasped.

"Noble!" Cody said before taking off after Mokuba. Suddenly, there was a whistle heard behind them. The kids turned around to see Ryoko and Alice in T-shirts and shorts. Ryoko had a whistle around her neck and Alice wore a hat that was too big for her little head.

"Alright kids! Choose your uniform!" Ryoko said as she pulled out a rack of clothes. The kids ran over to find something to wear. Eri looked through all the clothes. But she wasn't sure what to wear. Everything was short.

"Aren't you gonna pick something to wear?" Brad asked as he noticed her standing there.

"I can't wear these." Eri mumbled.