Chapter 9

Eri got tired of running. She was now trotting along the long corridors of the stone maze. It was eerily quiet, and cold. She shivered and wrapped the cape around her little body.

"I need to find my last item." She said as she continued to walk. She then came to a fork in the road. She stood there with wide eyes.

"Wh-which way am I supposed to go?" She stuttered. She looked down the left path, then the right. She then heard a voice.

"Is that you my princess?" Eri gasped and turned to the left hall.

"Daddy!!!" Eri cried as she ran towards his voice. "Daddy, where are you?"

"Over here Eri! Come on! I can help you out." His voice said. Eri could hear the smile on his face. It made her feel homesick and alone. She wanted him to hold her again. Just so she didn't have to feel this way. She then came to a giant room. In the middle of that room was a tree. The sun shone softly through the leaves. It was an enchanting sight.

"Whoa..." She breathed.

"Eri." Eri's head tilted down towards the base of the tree. There stood her father. He wore a bright and contagious smile. Tears filled Eri's eyes as she saw him. Her body launched itself forward as the man kneeled and held out open arms.

"Daddy!!" She cried as she wrapped her arms around him. But the second she did, something happened.

^^^^^^^^^^

"Useless brat!"

"She's a demon child! I can't take care of her!"

"You're going to make my dream a reality."

When Eri opened her eyes, she was laying in a white haze. She gasped as she sat up and looked around.

"D-daddy?!" She shouted, hoping that he would come running for her. Suddenly, she heard a door open. She turned around and her heart stopped. Standing before her was her previous captor. Overhaul.

Eri's body froze as she stared at her foster father. All the memories of what he had done to her made her head hurt. Her heart pounded in her ears as he began to walk closer and closer to her.

"G-Go away!! D-daddy!!! Mr Deku!!!" Eri cried as she scooted back. But Overhaul didn't even seem to be looking at her. He then suddenly walked right through her.

"Wh-what...?" She gasped as she turned and faced the man. He walked over to a bed she never noticed before. She stood to see what was on the bed. And it was her. Back in those rags and bandages. Eri's mind began to race. What was happening? Why was this happening? She then felt her quirk surging in her body. She became even more afraid.

"N-NO!!!" She screamed as the power built up in her horn.

"NO NO NO!!! GO AWAY!!! STOP!!!" She cried. But it was no use. Her quirk activated and yellow beams of electricity were flying everywhere. She cried as her fear became out of control. The lightning destroyed the scene before her. Though they only reappeared from the mist as other things. The horrible experiments, accidentally rewinding her father, her mother leaving her.

"HELP ME!!!" Eri begged. She cried as the power surged out of her horn. Suddenly, there was a hand on her head. She gasped and turned to face the person. It was her father. Eri cried as she weakly reached for him.

"It's ok Eri." He softly said as he kneeled next to her.

"They can't hurt you anymore. See?" Eri looked around. The illusions of her past began to disappear. They were all dissipating. And so was the fog. As the last of the fog disappeared, there was a blinding light. Eri flinched and covered her eyes. When she could finally open her eyes again, she saw all the people that had helped her. 1-A, Mirio, Mr Aizawa, and Deku walked up to them.