Chapter 132 - Connection (i)

"Joe." Yan Suizhi called out of the blue.

"Ah, sorry, Dean Yan. I was spacing out a bit just now. Yes?" Joe snapped out of his envy, asking.

"Would you mind sending me a copy of Ms Eunice's video diary?" Yan Suizhi asked.

As the miniature-version of Little Young Master Joe had yelled in the recording, the events held at the Manson Manor had an unspoken rule—no photography permitted.

Most of the attendees were slick and shrewd business tycoons who upheld the principle of 'don't make trouble for others and don't let others make trouble for you'. Hence, they wouldn't flout the rules without good cause to, as if they had nothing better to do. There were also some who were more particular about social etiquette and wouldn't wildly go around taking photographs without making greetings.

Therefore, what Eunice possessed was one of its kind.

Joe knew better than anyone how rare these videos were. Deeply sympathetic for how Yan Suizhi felt, he nodded with alacrity. "No problem, it's just a copy. I'll send it to you right now—"

"I suggest that you seek your sister's opinion first. This is her diary, after all," Yan Suizhi reminded him.

"Oh," Joe mumbled. "True that. I'll ask her. Though, I don't think she will have a problem with it; she's always been unbelievably brazen when it comes to stuff like this."

As he spoke, his fingers swiftly sent a message over to Eunice.

As he waited for Eunice's reply with his head lowered, he suddenly remembered, as an afterthought, that the gentle and attractive couple were similar to those others, who, having received Old Fox's invitation, turned up at a gathering at the Manson Manor, and never appeared after that again.

He had thought that it was a shame for a time.

But the difference therein was that Eunice had told him about many of such, and with his own information sources since growing up, he investigated quite a few in passing.

But Eunice hadn't mentioned much of Mr and Mrs L to him. He hadn't looked into the situation surrounding them at all; it was only now that he found out their names. Perhaps, somewhere in his subconscious, he didn't want to check, for he hoped that these two were living well in a place unknown to him.

Joe looked at his smart device, wavering, before sending another message to Eunice.

-I just noticed that I accidentally skipped the tail-end of those videos. That married couple... they've passed away already, right? Do you know how it happened?

"Err... she might be in a meeting now, or is busy managing something else, and might not be able to respond immediately," Joe explained.

He felt a trace of nervousness that he couldn't quite place, and this apprehension only grew after finding out that that married couple was Yan Suizhi's parents, afraid that their passing was, again, inextricably linked to Old Fox.

Eunice's reply came in relatively swiftly:

-Who are you giving the copy to? If they're reliable, go ahead. But I'm very doubtful of your judgement.

Well, he couldn't say that it was Yan Suizhi.

But Eunice wouldn't recognise the name Ruan Ye, either.

Joe didn't hesitate to pin it all on his bestie.

-Gu. He wants a copy. So?

In actuality, Gu Yan's name was rather handy to use in general. Eunice immediately replied: