Chapter 9

Zhea

1025 hours

Herbert Fletcher Zaeheri

The sun was already high up in the skies, guarding everyone in the kingdom against unanticipated darkness and vileness that were already lingering among the crooks of the city. Herbert groaned at the rays of sunlight that peaked through the linings of the curtains, stinging his sensitive eyes. Climbing out of bed, he drew them close, staring at the bed he was sleeping in. He could remember the dream he had, and Yueru's voice slapped him awake. Only when Ac pounced onto the bedside table close to him did the vampire notice the neatly written note. He did not hesitate to pick it up, read it and trotted to all four corners of his room to get everything he needed for their journey. Herbert knew Zhea is a large kingdom, but with determination, he was certain he could find the prince easily.

If he had travelled alone, his worries would disperse, but the scouts around them that did not go unnoticed added fear in his bones. Strapping his clothed golden sword behind his back, Herbert headed out of the hotel with Ac. He watched as the wolf began sniffing on the ground, perking his head high up with his ears moving to the side. Herbert followed him closely from behind next to the flirting waves that caressed his feet at every step. If he had not been too distracted by Yueru's possibility of parading himself in the market without caution, he would have jumped into the soothing waters for some rest. Catching up with Actticus' swift pace, Herbert did not miss the sight of armies in heavy armour by the edge of the hotel. He moved ahead closer to his wolf as they headed across the river to the opposite side.

Herbert could hear his stomach growling and rumbling the second his senses were overwhelmed by the scents of steamed minced meat buns and freshly brewed coffees. He felt his insides churning like a washing machine without its clothes while he tightened his grip inside the pocket of his pants. Stopping to get a meal would be an easier task if Ac was not around. The wolf hated him for slowing down each time they were out on a mission no matter how small or big it could be. Passing by the stall where a grandmother was asleep by the hut, Herbert spotted the sight of angelic wings being carved onto the pillars. He knew enough that an angel's wing is a disguise, especially for those who are able to parade it so openly for the world.

Ac led the way further into the market until it reached the opposite end where the scent of mint, calendulas and citrus covered the area. Herbert slipped his way past the passer-by, and just as he was about to reach, the blade of a silver spear came into his sight forcing him to step backwards.

"For a wolf to trespass our area is a normal sight, however, for a legend to slip his way across the kingdom to my home seems a little absurd," the man spoke, stepping in front of him as he pushed his platinum hair backwards, showing off his unique golden eyes. "Let's skip the lies, shall we?"

Herbert rolled his eyes at those words.

"I am looking for my companion, a mini-size boy with eyes as blue as the water from the melting icebergs," Herbert answered, crossing his arms and then removing them so that he could reach out to grab his clothed sword. "Ac is a very observant and alert wolf, so if he brings me here, that means whoever I am looking for is here. You cannot lie to me, but if you proceed to do so, then I shall then show you no mercy."

"A mini-size boy? We could mistake it for a gnome," the male grinned, pointing the tip of the spear closer to Herbert's neck when he stepped forward. "If you lie, I will hang your head on my home after I turn it into a wind chime. Your hair would be a good fit for our new collection."

Before the other could part his lips and bellow, Herbert saw Yueru rushing out with another male by his side. It did not take long for Herbert to recognize those green eyes that bore similarance with some of the vampires in Roa.