i'll spend forever wondering if you knew (i was enchanted to meet you)

Once the bell rang, the sound echoed through the room, signaling the end of the game. The players immediately stopped in their tracks, and everyone grew silent, watching the soccer ball roll slowly away from Kira, who was left lying on the ground with a bloody nose. Some grimaced as their eyes landed on the loosened tooth a few feet away from the blond. The tension in the air was palpable as the players waited for Ego to appear on the TV screen mounted on the wall.

Meanwhile, [Name] looked down at Kira with cold eyes as the boy looked at the ground in shock. The scene of blood trickling down Kira's nose caused [Name] to gain a haughty look on their face. They knew that this was just the beginning, and they were ready to do whatever it took to win. Even if it meant using others as a stepping stone which they are willing to do.

"Isagi...why?...why did you...do this? What just happened? I'm bleeding..." Kira mumbles.

Kira was still in a daze, struggling to comprehend what happened to him. He saw blood dripping down his nose and he couldn't understand how he got injured. [Name] looked down at Kira with a cold expression, feeling nothing but disdain for him. The scene was so pathetic that it was almost comical.

"It's simple, Kira," [Name] spoke up, causing everyone's attention to shift towards them, even Ego, who had been watching with a smile on his face. "You just weren't good enough." They didn't flinch as Kira turned to look at them with a bewildered expression, still trying to make sense of what had just happened.

"What the hell did-" Kira was cut off as Ego clapped his hand, gaining everyone's attention.

"Well done, my diamonds in the rough. The only thing that matters here, is the results. This means, you LOST, Kira Ryosuke, and are now disqualified. Now LOCK OFF!"

-----------

Three days have passed since [Name] played the first game of Blue Lock, and they're already growing restless. They understand that the rigorous training they're undergoing with the team is some kind of test to gauge their potential. And it's working. [Name] can already see a marked improvement in their own training, but there's still one problem: they're unable to use misdirection. They must depend on their team, and that means trusting their teammates. However, some of their teammates are simply not up to par (to their insane standards), and it's frustrating to [Name]. All they need is one person they could "trust" in order to use misdirection. The only one close to that is Meguru, but they are still reluctant about that choice.

Ego's tests are designed to enhance the team's endurance, so they can play for longer periods on the large soccer field. This is a good thing in [Name]'s mind, for them, they need to build up their stamina quickly because the basketball court is smaller than the soccer field. They need to last longer in the games they know Ego is making.

Nevertheless, [Name] has made "friends" with some of the players. They knew those people were going to be the ones they could use misdirection with, with the rate it was going. The others not so much. Those people are Meguru and Rensuke. Still too low for their taste. Hopefully, they can gain Hyoma into that small circle, but for now, it is enough in order to further advance their misdirection needed for only one thing.

[Name] hums as they run on the machine, keeping their pace steady, waiting to see if they need to up the speed. They sort of wish they had their phone to listen to music. It is soothing to them to listen to music while working out. [Name] lets out a small sigh as they watch the speed meter stick to the option they put. Perhaps it is almost time to change it. They need to push their limits, and they know that. It is a good thing they kept up with the training regime their aunt Momoi gave them during their break, or they would've been unable to keep up with the training.