hit me with your best shot (fire away)

[Name] settled into their seat, sighing softly as they felt Meguru cuddle against them as he moved his chair next to theirs the first chance he got.

It was a familiar scene, one that the group had grown accustomed to but hated to see due to pure envy as he is very close to [Name], the only one it seemed – Meguru's affectionate nature towards them always showing no matter what the time or place it is. Basically, dog food was being forcefully fed to the others, and it seemed like [Name] didn't plan to stop him anytime soon.

As the group gathered for their discussion about the upcoming match against Team W, there was a noticeable absence to everyone – Kuon the 'leader' of the group was nowhere to be seen.

Iemon took charge, initiating the discussion with a serious tone. "Everyone, Team W is our next opponent," he began, his voice carrying a hint of determination.

Although, they weren't completely in it. [Name] couldn't help but feel a twinge of curiosity and suspicion at Kuon's absence. They glanced around the room, silently wondering who would be the first to address the unusual change in leadership. Their bet was on Raichi – he had never been one to shy away from speaking his mind. Despite their curiosity, [Name] found themselves unable to move from their seat to spy on Kuon, seeing as Meguru was keeping them in place.

"They're under a lot of pressure," [Name] remarked, their voice clear and decisive as they leaned their head on Meguru's head. At this point, they are going to take advantage of the teen, but he doesn't seem to mind as a giddy smell appears on his face. He could practically smell their scent and knew it would rub off him, and that also meant that his scent would be on them too. Just like a couple, he thought internally in happiness.

"They're desperate for a win after losing to Team V," [Name] continued, their gaze focused on the group as everyone ignored the cuddling being shoved into their faces. "If they don't make the cut-off, it's game over for them." They finished calmly but everyone knew that they wanted to crush them under their foot. [Name] was technically the most competitive one in the group.

"Barou's Team X almost gave us a run for our money," Rensuke interjected, his arms crossed firmly over his chest. "We should prepare for Team W to be even tougher opponents." His words carried a sense of caution, a reminder to the team not to underestimate their opponents for the match.

"Well, we are Team Z after all." Meguru exclaimed, snuggling closer to [Name] with a cheerful smile.

Naruhaya furrowed his brow in curiosity. "I wonder what their playstyle is like," he mused aloud, prompting the rest of the team to ponder as well. However, [Name] remained silent, their thoughts elsewhere but on the same subject, the match.

Iemon let out a weary sigh. "Regardless, we need to be prepared. The Wanima brothers are their key players." With a click of the remote, he changed the image on the screen, revealing the faces of the duo. [Name] watched as Hyoma visibly changed in expression into a troubled look as Iemon clicked on the remote to change the picture on the screen. It seemed like the past finally caught up to Hyoma, and they couldn't wait to see what he would do in the upcoming match.

"Their forte is their combination play. When they beat Barou's Team X, these two scored four goals. Their distance perception, their timing for initiating moves, and their give-and-gos are formidable weapons even if you know they're coming," Iemon explained, painting a daunting picture of their opponents' strengths. It is certainly going to be hard to keep up with duos, but [Name] could cook something up. They watched with keen interest as videos and cutscenes were shown of the Wanima brother's play style. Their eyes taking it all in for later use.

"Question is, does it require both of them to use those weapons?" [Name] interjected to everyone, but mostly to Hyoma in whether he is willing to give up some inside information. Which they doubt he will with how quiet he was, not making direct contact with anyone which no one seemed to notice expect for them. It wasn't unsurprising, seeing as Hyoma went out of his way to be cold to everyone. Therefore, led to himself self-isolating from everyone, which he did on purpose, expect [Name] didn't quite easily gave up at first. Hyoma and they knew that soon enough [Name] would drop him. Although, it is to late to tell if he will regret it once if it happen.