here once again

The hum of anticipation reverberated through the air as [Name] fixed their gaze on the expansive flat screen above the field. It displayed the impending clash: 'Team Y vs Team Z.' The imminent second match for Team Z loomed, and victory was the sole intention. Draws and losses were not part of the plan; [Name] knew that the stakes were high, and the consequences of anything less than a win were clear.

Their sharp eyes scanned the surroundings, taking note of their teammates engaged in stretching, some just chatting with each other. The term "incompetent" flickered in [Name]'s mind, but they held their thoughts and tongue, knowing that this was a crucial moment that demanded focus.

"Here they come, those fuckers," Raichi's voice cut through the tension, drawing attention to the confident entrance of Team Y. [Name] maintained a composed exterior, ensuring their muscles were in a state of relaxed readiness. They had no intention of committing the elementary mistake of inadequate warm-up. Precision and excellence were non-negotiable in their book.

As the two teams eyed each other, tension thickening in the atmosphere, [Name] surreptitiously observed a particular individual with long bangs concealing his eyes. Licking their lips, [Name] detected latent potential in him, yet hindered by a palpable lack of self-esteem. The challenge intrigued them; they wanted to unravel and harness that untapped prowess. They want him for themselves.

"Unlike us, Team Y lost their first match, so their backs are against the walls. They have more to lose than us," Kuon interjected, drawing everyone's attention. [Name] hummed casually, bending down to touch their toes. "We need to keep a close eye on Number 9. His shooting is off the chart. He is Kumamoto prefecture's top scorer: Ohkawa Hibiki."

"You're walking a thin line between right and wrong," [Name] sighed, taking a moment to meticulously ensure their shoelaces were securely tied. The potential for a trip loomed as an unspoken threat, a rookie mistake that could plunge Team Z into their first tournament loss. The gravity of the situation hung in the air.

Kuon emitted a disgruntled tsk under his breath, frustration manifesting in the glint of his eyes. [Name]'s righteousness and arrogance, like a stubborn force, irked him. The irritation simmered close to the surface, threatening to spill over. Nevertheless, Kuon clenched his jaw, resisting the urge to vocalize his exasperation. His gaze flickered away, concealing the internal battle within him. The dynamics within Team Z were becoming increasingly complex, with [Name]'s assertiveness posing both a challenge and a source of irritation for the team captain.

A subtle power struggle brewed beneath the surface, an unspoken tug of war for the leadership position within the team. Unbeknownst to him, [Name] navigated this delicate dance, their interest primarily directed towards Meguru, Rensuke, and, to a lesser extent, Hyoma. They hardly care for the others, but not at the point of letting the Team lose its future matches. They plan to win all of them. The second winner is the first loser is what was taught to them.

"Watcha mean, [Name]?" Meguru questioned, his head tilting as he looked at them from under his bangs.

"He is only trouble if he catches the ball." [Name] explained with a matter-of-fact tone. "Which means we have to make sure he never sets foot on the ball."

[Name]'s hard gaze shifted to the others, silently contemplating the unspoken challenge, and felt their inside twist in glee as their Meguru, Rensuke, nodded in understanding. And keep an eye on Number 7, they mused to themselves, as they didn't bother to tell the others of this. They wanted to assess firsthand whether the black-haired boy had the resilience to be under them, talent notwithstanding. They did not want a weak-willed person under their lead even if he had the talent and potential. Someone is great when using everything in their arsenal. They didn't need or want some half-baked shit.