Part 41: Baking Up a Plan

As soon as we made it home, Wally ran to the couch and sprawled onto it. It was pretty fun.

"What should we do next, I wonder?" I said as I looked around for any ideas. We could read, bake, paint, or anything in between. There were plenty of options for us.

"Maybe we could go visit Barnaby? I want to go ask him about something," Wally said quietly. I figured he was afraid that I wasn't interested in running errands with him.

(You were right. Wally had quite a few errands he had to complete, but he didn't want to do them alone. He just wanted someone to follow him around as he did them.

Wally watched you quietly, hoping you'd be fine with it. If not, he'd accept it and move on.)

"Sure! Let's go," I replied. I walked out the front door. Wally scampered after me.

We made it to Barnaby's house. I was worried, but it was fine. Wally has something he needed to do here.

Wally opened the door. We were both shocked to see Sally pointing up at Barnaby while her other hand rested on her hip.

"Pull that move again, and I'll hide your head. Understood?" Sally accosted Barnaby. He nodded quickly.

"Sor'y. Won' 'app'n again," Barnaby held his paws in the air almost as if to surrender.

"It better not," Sally smiled. She turned away. Wally and I quickly pretended that we had just arrived. Sally bought into our act.

"Oh! Hiiyyyaaaaaaaa neeeiiiiiiggghhhhhbbboooooorrrrrss!" Sally sang dramatically. She skipped over to us and pulled us both into the house. "Barnaby and I were just discussing some business."

I nodded. "Oh, Barnaby! Eddie asked me to drop this envelope off," I said as I handed him the envelope. Barnaby chuckled and laid a few photos out on the table by him.

"Batnaby," he pointed at a picture of him in a bat costume. "Barnaby," he pointed at a picture of himself posing by a barn.

"Oh, here's Wallyby," Barnaby laughed as he looked at a picture of himself where a scrappy blue wig next to Wally.

"Here's Shopliftaby," Barnaby snickered. It was a blurry photo of him stealing apples with Wally from poor Howdy.

We all laughed at the photos for a bit.

"Okay, Barnaby. I am here to help you with your problem," Wally paused his laughter. Barnaby nodded and picked Wally up by the hair. They both went into the kitchen to talk. I turned to Sally.

"How are you? That spa night we had last night was very fun!"

"Oh, I feel my absolute brightest! I performed a play for Julie, practiced a new play, and threatened Barnaby! Today has been very nice," Sally gave me a thumbs up. I didn't know how to feel about the last part, but it was fine as long as she didn't injure him. I knew that injury towards Barnaby would hurt Wally too much.

"That's absolutely lovely to hear! Are you excited for the tea party?" I asked. Sally nodded enthusiastically.

(Wally inhaled and leaned against the kitchen counter as he looked up at Barnaby.

"So, it's happening again?" Wally sighed. He took of his ascot before tying it again. He wanted it to look neat and professional, albeit his behavior itself was far from those two.

"Yessir. It's freakin' me out, lil' bud!" Barnaby nodded frantically. Wally tilted his head as he held his hand out in front of him. He looked at the blue nails you had given him carefully.

"Mhm... Don't worry about it. I'll make a call and have them fix you right up," Wally hummed. He stopped looking at his fabulous nails and turned his gaze back to Barnaby.
"Anything else?"