6

Riku watched with clenched fists as the magic brooms carried off his friends in stretchers. He grunted, frustrated that he didn't make it in time to save them. What was the point of the mark of mastery? What good is the title of "Keyblade Master" if he's useless in situations like this? Yen Sid never warned him about a possibility such as this one.

As he was lost in thought, he felt a tug on his pant leg. Link looked up toward him in worry. Riku quickly realized that this situation was bigger than him. He sighed, and returned to the present.

"That man, did you know him?" Riku turned toward the young man clad in green. Link nodded. He explained that he had to be none other than the wielder of the triforce of power, Ganondorf, but at the same time, not the one that he knew. They did battle, and he finished Ganondorf himself, but the one they fought earlier was different, much more menacing.

"So he's the same, but not who you knew huh?" Riku scoffed. "That's a concept I'm all too familiar with."

Link tilted his head, confused by the joke.

"Eh, don't think too much about it." He waved off the comment. "But anyways, we need to know where he went, and who took him." Riku crossed his arms. Link mimicked him, unsure of what plan of action to take next.

Link suddenly realized he didn't even know where HE was, let alone where to go next. He gained Riku's attention once again and asked if he knew anything about the great sea or Hyrule.

"Outset island? Hyrule? Sorry, we don't have anything like that here." Riku nodded, "This castle we're in isn't part of your world, but right now, there's a possibility we're connected to it."

Link slowly nodded. He was still confused, but he didn't want to act like it. Riku chuckled as he caught on to his act. "Don't worry, its a lot to take in, but we might be able to fix this soon, and get you back home." He kneeled down, and put a hand on his shoulder.

"I came here to see if I could take Donald and Goofy with me on my journey to this other world, but that clearly isn't happening..." He started. Link pumped his fist with determination, knowing exactly what he was planning to ask him.

"Figured you'd feel that way." Riku smirked as he stood back up. "Works out better this way anyway. I'm going to your world, and you seem to know how to handle yourself. Once we're there, we just need to figure out how to disconnect your pathway from ours."

They both nodded in unison, confirming their new mission together. "Well, I guess in a roundabout way, I got what I came for. I wish I could do more for Mickey and them but..." He looked toward the doorway they were carried through, and sighed. "It's fine, they've been through worse. It'll take way more than that to take them down."

Link nodded along, affirming his words. "Alright then, no point in standing around here. The faster we get to the source of this, the sooner everyone will be safer. Let's take my gummi ship." Riku started walking off. Link followed in confusion. 'Gummi ship'? Was it candy? Something similar to the King of Red Lions? He followed in anticipation.

They made their way back out to the courtyard. It was surreal walking back out into sunlight given the situation they were presented with. They both wanted to ask so much, but didnt know what questions to ask besides who, where and why? Suddenly, Link stopped with wide eyes, and held his hand out to halt Riku as well.

"What's with you?" Riku questioned. He looked in front of himself and Link, squinting, trying to make sure he wasn't crazy.

There was an array of creatures scattered across the garden. Some appeared as small red giblins, with snouts and large ears. Link recognized them as bokoblins. Some of them stood much taller, with menacing weaponry consisting of long wooden spears and spiked bats.