23 (Part 1)

The ship hovered above the path next to the stable. From the hatch dropped Sora, Riku, and Link. Before it could draw too much more attention, Riku reached into his pocket, and pulled out a small capsule. It looked like a thin bottle with a button on top. Riku pressed the button, and the gummi ship had quickly turned to smoke, which traveled directly into the bottle.

"Woahhh, I didn't know they could do that!" Sora watched, mesmerized. "Usually, Donald just hides it somewhere with his magic."

Link also seemed intrigued. Even after plenty of explanations, he wasn't too well versed in their technology. Riku let go of what was between a mix of a sigh and a chuckle.

"Don't think too hard about it guys. Purah designed this so that I could take the ship with me without having to worry about someone or something damaging it." He explained.

The other two fighters were *somewhat* satisfied with the explanation, and decided not to dig into it too much further. "So, this is where that Penn guy said that another Zelda was supposed to be, right?" Sora questioned as he surveyed the area, using his hand as if it were the end of a cap.

Link nodded, and recalled back to their conversation earlier in the day.

- - - - - -

"What?" Zelda seemed the most surprised by the information the Rito had just re-told them. "You're sure of this fact, yes?"

"I couldn't lie if I wanted to." Penn began. "Multiple sources of the people that were staying at the Woodland Stable a few nights ago all shared a similar story. Someone who was staying there claimed herself to be Zelda, and she was with some guy who was dressed strangely. On their way out, they were chased by the haunted, and some other guy."

"Back up, the 'haunted'?" Purah butted into the conversation.

"That's what they're calling those monsters that have been roaming the kingdom as of late. They look kind of like ghosts. But they seem a LOT more aggressive than the usual bokoblin." Penn explained, trying to deduce what they were.

The group looked amongst each other, and shrugged. They seemed to unanimously decide that explaining the concept of a heartless seemed unnecessary to outside parties.

"Anyway, so what happened?" The silver haired teen tried to get them back on track.

"That's where things get kind of hazy. Someone in a hood was...commanding those creatures to hunt them down apparently. They ran away toward the forest, but no one followed."

"Can't say I blame them. It's probably for the best that they didnt put themselves in danger." Sora crossed his arms.

Penn was studying him closely, and quickly pulled a pen and journal out of his tote bag. "Would you be willing to do an interview? You don't look at ALL like a Hylian." He asked enthusiastically, a gleam of inspiration in his eye.

"Uhh..." Sora glanced around, unsure of how much he should tell the Rito reporter.

"Maybe after we've sorted this situation out, would that be alright?" Zelda offered.

"Hmm, fair enough. I should probably finish writing my piece about the haunted and that weird guy first anyways." Penn nodded. "In that case, I'll make my way back for now. But I'd like to visit once everything is sorted out!"

"Yeah, then I'll answer whatever you want!" Sora held his hand out for a handshake, which Penn didn't hesitate to take.

"Sounds good to me!" The Rito then backed away from the group, centering himself in the pathway outside once again. "Soar long!" He flashed them a peace sign, and launched himself off the ground with his massive wings.