𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧.

─☼☼☼─

"𝙄'𝙈 𝙎𝙊 𝙎𝙄𝘾𝙆 of this shit!" Charlotte snapped, her voice carrying across the once quiet room. 

"What, Charlotte?" Rafe shot back, his voice just as loud. "I'm trying to keep you safe here and you keep fucking me over!"

"You're a fucking douche, Rafe! All you've done is treat my sister and I like shit. I'm not going to stand here and take it anymore." Her voice was even louder now...surely loud enough for someone right outside of their room to hear. 

Rafe smirked, giving Charlotte a quick wink before raising his voice once again. "What the fuck are you going to do about it?"

Charlotte shifted her tone, being sure she was in position before nodding at Kiara who was holding a glass vase. "Rafe, no─DON'T!"

Smash. 

The vase shattered against the wall, thrown by Kiara who promptly positioned herself against the wall closest to the door, hiding herself from immediate view. Rafe stood behind the bathroom door, meanwhile Charlotte sprawled out on the floor, really trying to sell the act. 

The idea for the plan had come to her rather quickly when they realized it was now or never to get the hell out of here.

Lure the guard in, jump him, and get the hell out of this place while they still had the chance to do so. 

She couldn't see from where she was lying, but Charlotte could hear the guard's voice as he entered the room. 

"Hey, you three! What'd you do?"

Evidently, none of them responded. 

His footsteps creaked along the wooden floor as he slowly advanced into the room. Within seconds, he seemed to have spotted Charlotte. 

"What be 'dis?" He whispered, now right outside of the bathroom where the three of them were hidden. 

Charlotte could feel her heart pounding against her chest in anticipation as she waited for the moment she could move. Rafe had only second to make his move. Seconds before their plan was unveiled. 

Luckily, he did just that. 

The sound of the wooden door slamming against something filled the room, the pained grunt from the guard soon following. 

Charlotte scrambled up, shoving Kiara─who had popped out of her hiding spot─behind her as she followed after Rafe and the guard who had stumbled into the bedroom. 

The guard's gun had been discarded on the floor, and without hesitation, Charlotte bent down and scooped it into her already shaking hands. 

The sound of ceramic shattering sounded off once against as Rafe bashed a flower vase over the guard's head, rendering him dazed for a moment. 

Pointing the gun at the guard, Charlotte watched as Rafe drove a knee into his back. "Stay down."

"Don't move." Charlotte ordered, gun still raised as Rafe worked at tying the guard up. 

She couldn't hide the trembling of her hands. The last time she had held a gun was to Limbrey in the air hangar. She had fired the gun that day, the first time she had ever done so. She had been prepared to kill that women if she made a single move to hurt Rafe.