You Have What I Want (Dylmas #3)

This one is shorter, but I think it's really cute. Besides, lengths will vary. I was gonna add a picture of the ring I had in mind, but it wouldn't let me. I really suggest listening to the song whilst reading this. Trust me.

"Thomas, please." Thomas smirked in satisfaction as the other continued to beg him.

"No." Dylan huffed, stomped his foot against the floor like a child throwing a tantrum, before walking back into Thomas' bedroom to look for it. Thomas chuckled before pouring the coffee he'd prepared into his mug, sitting on top of the kitchen island before him.

And then Dylan walked back out, an annoyed look on his features that the blonde found adorable.

"Why won't you give me back my engagement ring?" Thomas sighed, placing the mug down beside him before jumping off the counter.

"You don't want to marry him." It was a statement that Dylan never thought he'd hear from his best friend, because he thought Thomas liked his fiancé.

"Would I have said yes if I didn't?" This is it. Thomas thought. You either do it now or never.

"I don't want you to marry him." And he regretted the words as soon as they left his lips. Dylan looked hurt, especially because they weren't just coming from anyone, they were coming from the person that meant the most to him in the entire world.

"W-why?" Thomas hesitated to answer, but there was no way for him to work his way around it now, so he had to say it.

"I want you to marry me." And then he leaned in and let their lips meet, Dylan too shocked to respond. But when he snapped out of whatever trance he'd been in, he didn't pull away like he should've. He kissed Thomas back. Only when Thomas pulled away, had he realized what he'd done, which infuriated him.

"How dare you kiss me?" This was what the other had been afraid of. To be rejected by the one he loved so deeply. But there was nothing he could do about it now, so he brought the ring out of his pocket and gave it to Dylan, who took it swiftly with an angry look in his eyes.

"You kissed me back." Stop talking Thomas.

Dylan stormed out without another word, slamming the door to the apartment in the process, leaving Thomas to stand there in the kitchen. Heartbroken and alone.

-----------

Weeks passed and he hadn't heard from Dylan at all, and he hadn't made any effort to contact him himself either. He had mostly stayed at home in his apartment, only going out if he needed to get something from the grocery store. Thomas was hurt, but he knew that he'd probably hurt the other way more than he had hurt himself.

What he did most of the time was cry, upset about Dylan not liking him back. Upset about risking the most important friendship he had. And it all went to hell for him, so he was left with nothing.

It was currently raining outside, the water hitting his window and being the only sound in the quiet room he was in. Thomas was sitting in a pair of sweatpants, his knees pressed up against his chest and his head down, crying again.

A knock at the door startled him, and he wiped the tears from his eyes before slowly getting up, dragging his limp body over to the entrance. He hovered over the lock for a few seconds, before unlocking the door and opening it. He didn't have to look at Dylan to know that it was him, his broken red converse being visible as Thomas was looking to the ground.

"Hey." Thomas glanced up and gave the other a weak smile, playing with his fingers nervously as he bit his lip. Dylan's hair was a mess, damp from the rain outside. His eyes were red, he looked shaken up. It worried Thomas.

"C-can I come inside? Please." It didn't even take a second for Thomas to step aside. Dylan sounded so desperate and upset that he couldn't leave him out there. When they were both in his home, he shut the door, walking over to his couch and sitting down where he'd sat before. The shaken up boy followed, sitting besides Thomas.

Thomas didn't speak, he wanted to wait for Dylan to say something first. He was still unsure as to why the boy was even here. The one thing he knew was that he wasn't wearing his ring. And he didn't know if he should've been happy or worried about that.

"I gave back the ring." Thomas breathed in quickly, glanced over at Dylan, before slowing grabbing a hold of his hand. He let out a sigh of relief when the other didn't flinch, so he didn't let go.

"You were right. I shouldn't marry him." Thomas could barely believe what he was hearing, the other had been so set on getting married just a few weeks ago.

"No, Dylan I was being stupid. If you want to marry him you should. And if you love him then you should be with him."

"But I don't love him." Neither of them knew what to say after that, Thomas was too surprised, and Dylan was too afraid.

"But you agreed to marry him."

"Because I thought I loved him. I really did. But then you kissed me and screwed everything up. Because I realized I love you. And that is why, I want to marry you instead." The blonde looked over at him, speechless as Dylan got down on one knee and held out a silver ring for him to take if he desired.

"Will you marry me?" Thomas was close to breaking down into tears again, but not because he was upset this time. He was happy, and he nodded as Dylan smiled and slipped the ring onto his ring finger.

And then they both stood up as they wrapped their arms around each other, pressing their foreheads against one another before Dylan left a sweet, lingering kiss on Thomas' lips. They were happy in that moment, both of them finally having what they wanted, which was each other.