Lost Control (Newtmas #16)

Keeping the supernatural theme going for this one-shot and then I promise they'll be human again for a while.

It had been three years since the blonde had first arrived in the metal box, being around the age of fourteen, but never actually knowing as he couldn't remember anything. What he'd kept was his name and a pair of clothes, but no recollection of any memory before he'd woken up that day. He was trapped by four grey, ivy lined walls with other boys around his age, but despite there being so many people around him, he felt lonelier than ever. However, there was no escape from it, as running into the Maze had proven to be no exit quite a while ago. And the exit he'd attempted to take, had failed.

Newt also happened to be the only werewolf in the Glade, causing quite the struggle for him, especially during his heats. He got the privilege of staying in the Homestead during that time, not having to work because walking was already hard enough for him. The blonde couldn't do anything, and it made him feel hopelessly weak as he lay there. Other than that, his supernatural abilities didn't hold him back much, and it was no disadvantage for him to be an omega, because there was no one else around to control him.

The creators that had put him there though, had a strategy that he was unaware of. An omega that had been alone for three years, was bound to be a perfect experiment to test out if they brought someone else up. And that's exactly what they did one morning.

It had been early when the ringing was heard, and the runners had only left the Glade an hour or so before the alarm sounded, indicating that a new Greenie and a box of supplies were showing up. Newt had limped over, but as he stood ten meters from the box, a strong and dominating scent took control over his senses, and his eyes glowed as he got closer. He already had an idea of what he'd be finding down there, but he took another few steps forward, now being able to look right down to see a set of red eyes looking back up at him.

Below him was an alpha, and Newt backed up and whimpered, his wolf becoming submissive towards the other. He heard a loud thump, and he could only guess that the boy had jumped out of the box, now walking towards the blonde who had fallen to the ground with his eyes closed. Newt was desperately trying to resist the only alpha in the Glade, but when he hadn't been around one in years, he barely knew how to keep himself under control.

Everything was silent as the Gladers watched the exchange between the two, the newly arrived looking down at Newt with his head tilted and his eyes still glowing. When the blonde finally dared to open his again, he looked up just in time to see the powerful figure before him, giving a sly smile.

That was around the time he passed out.

When he woke up again, the sound of laughter and cheers were heard from outside, and he could only assume that a bonfire to celebrate the newly arrived, had started. He walked outside, seeing the fire not too far away, disappearing into the air, after reaching a certain height. Newt went straight for the Deadheads, not taking another glance at the scene playing out with the other Gladers. Besides, if he'd walked any closer, the scent of the alpha would've overwhelmed him and he wouldn't have been able to stay on his feet much longer after that.

He hated how quickly he'd gone from being the second in command to a pathetic lone wolf, needing the alpha to now guide him and take Newt as his own. The blonde wanted to resist it, but he knew that in the end, his wolf would win.

Newt let himself fall against the tree, similarly to how he'd fallen this morning when the new Greenie first arrived. He gazed along the scenery that had grown generic to him over the years, eventually stopping on Minho and the new boy laughing as they playfully fought.

At least he's already made a friend.

He thought to himself, not even realizing that the two other boys had now stopped fighting, and the new boy was walking towards him. Newt only realized when the others scent started to increase and his eyes focused just in time to see him hovering above him once more.