Chapter Four: Bruises, Busted, Bleeding

"You look crazier than you did when you came to this place," Archer says as his green eyes scan me from my brown hair to my white shoe-covered feet.

Archer was the baby of the family, and also the goofball that made all of us laugh until we couldn't laugh anymore. I glance around us at everyone seeing their family today and can't help but notice no one's here for May, she's just sulking by the food table.

"I blame it on the attire." I joke back with him motioning to my less-than-tasteful outfit. Archer tries to hold in a laugh but can't help himself in the end as he cackles. I've only been gone around a week and a half, and I can already notice little differences in my youngest brother. His stubble has grown out and he has subtle eyebags.

Was Angelina's death hit him hard, just as it was me? After all, I had vengeance to hold on to, what did the other Thatcher boys have? He smiles sadly when he finishes laughing. His usually comical face turns into one of seriousness and I know I'm about to receive a speech. A speech fueled by him and my other two brothers.

"I know your hard-headed, big brother, but please listen to me." I stare at him for a moment noticing the desperation in his tone. This was unusual for Archer.

I nod for him to continue because I don't trust my voice right now. I knew what was coming and couldn't relieve him from his worries. "Please, use this time to grieve. Use this time to come to terms with Angelina's death," I flinch at his straightforward words. " It's time. We lost her, we don't need to lose you too. Just let this go, Daniel will get his. Karma is a nasty bitch."

I can't do anything but stare at him for a moment because I don't know what to say. If it had been Killian or Sawyer that came up here and told me this, I would have told them that they would be fine without me. This wasn't them though, this was Archer, nineteen-year-old Archer that use to sneak into my bedroom at night because he had a bad dream.

This was Archer that was my first baby when Mama got busy with her work. This was Archer that had been through hell and back when he was younger, when after it all happen he had been glued to my hip never leaving my side.

If anyone could have made me second guess everything it would be this brown-headed boy sitting in front of me.

Still, I didn't know if I could promise him, I would seek out Daniel when I got out, I couldn't make that commitment when it was still the only thing that I could think about.

But I could try to move forward...

"I'll try," I tell him watching as hope blossoms in his eyes that grow bright once again.

"Thank you because Killian has grown to be a pan in my ass without you there to set him straight." I could see them arguing on Sunday dinners, Killian telling him that the dinner table was no time for inappropriate jokes.

"Where are they at?" I'm pretty sure they allow three people in at one time here, did my other brothers not want to see the murder their brother turned into?

"We agreed that since you are in here three months, and visitation is once a month we would take turns." They wanted to send Archer in here first to talk me down, to knock me down off of the revenge horse. To open my eyes and realize that I have other people I could lose because of this.

Next, they would send in Sawyer to secure that plan into my head with logical reasoning. Then finally they would send in Killian to smack the truth into me. I'm glad I have another two months before I would have to face him.

"Meet anyone interesting in here?" Archer says glancing around at the people around us, he stops at where I know May is awkwardly pacing back and forth without having to even look behind me.