Chapter Thirty-Two: Its Over

"Open them eyes." A hard palm slapped me across my face hard enough to split my lip. The warm blood trickled down my chin and onto the grass.

Where was I?

That question was quickly answered when Daniel's voice evaded me like the plague he was.

I looked around quickly, making sure Archer wasn't anywhere in sight.

That's when I noticed the truck was gone. He had gotten away.

Thank God. A sigh of relief escaped me even though I currently had ten guns pointed at my face.

My leg throbs, and I felt woozy. I wasn't sure if it was from the smoke inhalation or the blood loss, though it could have been both.

"You have some pretty shitty luck." He chuckles sarcastically, "It's almost comical."

He was so close to my face that I could spit on him if my mouth wasn't bone dry and I wasn't seeing three of him.

"What do you think you accomplished here?" He grabbed ahold of my hair when my head fell down the blood loss growing to much to handle.

He needed to die, or he was right. This was all pointless.

"Felix." He nodded to one of his men that stepped behind me.

They were going to murder me executioner style.

"I'll get her one way or another. She's never going to be free of me. It's a shame you're dying for something so trivial. You all were doomed from the start. I run this town."

His black hair was pushed back, and his dark brown gaze lingered on my face for a moment longer than what seemed appropriate.

He nodded to the man, and instantly, a gunshot sounded.

My eyelids were squeezed shut so tightly that my jaw had locked and my entire being was shaking.

But when I wasn't greeted with nothingness, they snapped open, and I was met with Daniel's shocked brown eyes as one of his men fell down beside me.

I didn't think twice. I was the coyote.

I pounced, ignoring the numbness of my limbs and the ache in my joints. Either side of my palms encased Daniel's face, and my teeth sunk into his throat.

I didn't let up when more gunshots went off.

I held on until I had enough force to rip the flesh out with my bite.

He sputtered out blood, and it sprayed along my already blood-soaked face.

I didn't hear anything else as the sun made the sky appear pink. It's warm rays meeting my flesh comfortingly.

I thought of Angelina. Her favorite color was pink.

You can rest easy now, baby.

Then i thought of May, and I could swear her hands were grabbing me everywhere as I fell onto the ground, chaos commanding everything around me while I felt nothing.

You can live free now.

That was when I was slapped for the second time in ten minutes...

"You better open those fucking eyes, or I'll kill you my damn self." Sin.

"How?" I ask as I look around at the multiple men kicking bodies to make sure they were dead.

"He never runned this town, Gusto. I did." His crooked smile made me smile back up at him.

"You got some explaining to do."

"Another time."

Black hair swept across my face just as tear filled blue eyes stared at me with worry. "August!"

She was just the angel I wanted to see. "Shadow."

My voice was grave and weak, but somehow, I knew I would be just fine.

"You stubborn man." She laughed and cried at the same time, clinging to my mostly bare chest while someone put a tourniquet around my leg, slowing the heavy blood loss.

"You beautiful woman." I reached up and pushed those strands of midnight black hair behind her ear. Cherishing the way her skin was so smooth.

"It's over." I say with a sigh of contentment.

She glances at her father's lifeless body without a trace of emotion. "It's over."

~.~.~.~.~.~

I stood in the ruins of the burned down house, broken glass crunching under my heavy weight.

I stared out at the paster behind the house, noting the young cow that was growing quickly follow its mother who seemed to be fed up with the calfs shenanigans.

Then the light caught on something in the rubble.

It nearly blinded me.

I held up my hand to stop the sun from shining into my eyes.

I peaked under my palm and walked towards the small trinket.

My heart clenched,

Sitting there covered in soot was Angelina's Ballerina snow globe.

I picked it up and dusted it off the best I could.

May's hand ran along my back, her eyes glowing brighter than ever as she spotted what was in my hands.

"Wow." She marveled at the snow globe . "It survived despite the odds."

I turn to her my fingers lazily stroking her small cheek. "It's like you, that way."

"Like us."

I lean down and press a firm kiss on her lush mouth.

"I'll love you till my odds run out."

"Your odds are my odds, now, big man."

She laughed without a care in the world until I poked her side, and she took off running away from me. "You wouldn't dare!"

She jumped over the rubble, her hair flying in the wind and the most amazing smile on her face.

"Ohh, but I would!"

This wasn't the ending I thought I deserved, but who was I to question fate?

When life gave you May, you loved her.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

The end!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, there will be an epilogue.

As well as many stories after this one focused on other characters.

Let me know what you thought about August and May's story!