~Avni~

The biggest lesson life has given in my 18 years of life is that attachment and sentiments are very, very dangerous. One minute, you are happy, and the very next minute, you get your heart broken by someone who wasn't worth it.

Hey, I totally forgot to introduce myself, I am Avni Mishra. I am turning 18 next month and just completed my 12th board exams.

"Mummy, I want to go to Nani's place for 2 weeks, please." I said to my dear mother.

"But why? You have friends here. And we are here." She said, going into the kitchen as she was preparing lunch.

"Pleasee mummy, I want a break from everything, I have been studying my ass off for the past 4 months." I said irritated.

"Okay, I will talk to your papa." she said, sighing, and I was somewhat relieved that she didn't pick up on that ass part.

Papa came home in the evening, and I begged him to let me go and spend some time with my Nani and Nanu. He very hesitantly said yes after my thousand pleases.

Now, you may be wondering why I want to get away from here so badly. Here is the reason, the boy who broke my heart is back and he is going to meet his friends, which means my friends because our circle is the same. Call me a coward, but I am ready to face him yet, after all the things I went through. My best friend, Aisha too said that I should go and get some fresh air and not think about him at all, that isn't going to be easy but I am, willing to try everything I can to throw him out of my mind.

Papa said that next week he will drop me at Nani's house, which is in the metro city, Jabalpur.

The next day, I went to Aisha's house to give her the surprise good news.

"Oyee motu." I said to her, as she opened the door. Both her parents are working and her brother is still in school, so she is usually alone in the morning.

"Someone had some good dreams, I am guessing." She replied, chuckling.

"Papa approved. I am going to Nani's this weekend." I said.

"You going to celebrate your birthday there or here?" She asked, getting all serious again cause she just loves parties and for the fact that she has been planning my 18th from forever, she doesn't want to be there on my birthday.

"I will be here. How can I miss your grand party that you are going to throw for me." I said laughing.

We settled on her bed, and she started speaking, just a warning. She loves to speak and speaks a lot.

"Imagine, you are sitting by the pool at you Nani's, and some boy came up and sat with you. You both started talking, and ultimately, you kissed him." She said, giggling.

"Shut up, nothing like that is going to happen." I said, hitting her arm.

"Oh, you are saying something more intense will happen? Like you will lose your virginity to him?" Aisha said, giggling and smirking at the same time, I don't know how she does that, I can't.

"Just stop your wild imagination, and you also know that why I am going." I said, getting all serious at the thought of Siddarth.

"He can go to hell for all I care. I am just waiting for your fairytale, darling." She said, getting up.

"You want something to drink or eat? Like anything?" She asked.

"I won't refuse the oreo milkshake you are going to make for me." I said, getting up too.

"Ha ha, I should have seen it coming." She said and entered the kitchen, I too hoped on the kitchen slab beside her. She did work and I kept talking, we talked for an hour, had our shakes and finally it was time to go.

"I am gonna miss you a lot." She said, hugging me.

"I will video call you daily if it helps." I said, hugging back.

"Hell yeah, and you are going to spill all the tea every day, miss. Because I know a lot, many boys won't be able to take their eyes off you." She said a wink.

"Okay, okay, spill the tea every day and meet hot cute boys. That's it, right?" I said.

"For now, I think you are fine." She said, waving me bye, and I waved back.

As I entered mummy as running here and here packing. Things don't change, they say. My mother is panicking cause she is going to her mother's, will I ever panic like this? Or am I going to be a shameless potato? I'm only going to care about them when I meet them in the future and not the scolding and taunts that are going to showered later on.

I also packed everything that I have ever wanted to do but couldn't due to all the studying and let it be announced that science is a very, very time-consuming subject. I took PCM plus PE, physics, chemistry, and math with physical education. And, two hell of years I had with them.

Three days passed in a jiffy and we boarded the train to Jabalpur, it felt serene getting out of there, like I am been dying and someone just rescued me and set me at the path of freedom.

Nanu came to pick us up from the station and as soon I saw him I ran to him.

"Nanuuu." I shouted and hugged him, took his blessings. Mummy, Papa did the same, and we set out to Nani's house.

"What is this delicious aroma I smell." I said, entering the house.

"Mera bachaa." Nani came and hugged me. Mummy and Papa took her blessings, and we all fell into comfortable conversations. My Nani is very modern, she lives in a flat that is in a polish building and at the rooftop, there is a gym, swimming pool, carrom and chess table. It even as billiards. She is also on Instagram, and I follow her, but the best things, she is very, very open-minded, and allows me to do almost everything.

Hey guys! As promised, here is the first chapter of Rewrite The Stars. Let me know if you loved Avni yet, or she would have to work hard to make her place in your hearts.❤️

Enjoyyy!!!