~Aman~

I was in my room, not really in the mood to do anything. When Dadi asked me to join her group on the terrace, I declined, but she insisted, and I kind of got irrigated and raised my voice at her. I am feeling damn guilty now. She is my Dadi, she doesn't deserve that and I came to her in the first place.

The whole day, yesterday I spent in my room thinking and rethinking everything I have ever felt or wanted to feel, believed, and what I saw and didn't come out of my room. I am guessing the amount of worry Dadi would have had over me.

Her phone was ringing, and the screen read, "Darling Avni," so I picked up.

"Hey Aman, would you mind bringing my phone up to terrace? Your Chahcu would be calling soon." Dadi spoke on the phone.

"Yup, no problem, I will be there in 10 minutes." I said and dashed into my room to grab my jacket.

I made my way to the terrace where all the old people were sitting and the girl from yesterday was singing...her name was...Avni, right.

As soon as I heard her voice, I stopped in my tracks. It was so sweet and melodious, like it would be enough for a rock to melt, like it can move mountains.

"Hey, there is my grandson." Dadi exclaimed.

"Dadi, here's your phone." I said, giving it to her.

"Hrithik didn't call, did he?" She asked, and I shook my head, indicating a no.

"Come here, you old trouble maker." One of the elder women said.

The look on my face must have given it away how much shocked I was because the Avantika nani started laughing. And the rest followed.

Avni patted the seat beside her, giving me an assuring smile because if not for her smile, I would be running backward down back to my room.

"Don't kid with him just yet, ladies." Avni spoke as I sat.

"She is Ragini Nani, and she is Arya Nani. for you, Dadi." She introduced, and I smiled at them.

"He is one fine looking gentleman, isn't he?" Arya Dadi teased.

"Shut up and don't you dare tease my grandson." Dadi spoke from behind me.

"Oh come on, he is born to be teased." Arya Dadi said, and everyone laughed.

"We never got your name, young lad." Ragini dadi commented.

"Aman. Aman Sharma." I said.

"Okay, both of you enough ragging for today. I am going to show him around as it is his first time here." Avni stood and gestured to get up too, hanging her guitar around her shoulder.

"Would you mind leaving that guitar back?" One of the uncle asks.

"No Ashwin Nanu, because last time I did that, I found it at the bottom of the pool floor, underwater." She replied, and everyone laughed.

"I hate you." That uncle muttered.

"Same to you." She said and started walking away from them.

"Hi again, I am Avni. We didn't get to talk much these two days." She said, smiling.

"Yeah, I was kind of busy. Aman, btw." I said.

"I know, locked all day in your room. I get the feeling." She said, walking beside me, staring ahead.

"You know?" I asked.

"Yeah, Dadi was kind of worried for you and was ranting to Nani and wasn't letting me study." She said, laughing lightly.

"I am really sorry for getting her all tensed up, but I was um kind of having difficult times." I said nervously.

"I get it. So, you have been locked in your room for about 24 hours now, so are you hungry?" She asked, surprising me.

"I mean, there is this great pizza shop down the building, and they have an open kitchen too. It's kind of amazing." She said, facing me.

"I think my body needs something to function after all. Let's go." I said, facing her too. Her face was shining in that little dim light of the terrace as sun already set. Her eyes were sparkling like diamonds.

"Great, let me inform Nani and, of course, over dramatic Dadi." She said, pulling out her phone. I hummed along. I watched her talking to grandmothers. She had the body and the voice of an angel. I know perfect girls don't exist, but with her, that concept may be not sensible at all.

She came back to me, "Done?" I asked.

"Took a little convincing, though. You're welcome because I just saved you a big interrogation." She said in a playful tone.

"Well, then I must thank you with a delicious mouth watering pizza." I said in the same tone as her.

"That would be really a really good start." She said, and we started out for the pizza shop. That café was cute, doodles everywhere, and travel places written everywhere with some data about the place.

"We are going to sit at the Antarctica, come on." She said, calling me.

"Why Antarctica? We can go to London or Singapore. See." I said, pointing at the tables.

"They are going to be full in the next 10 minutes. Just sit and watch." She said, and I sat down curiously.

Wow, that place seriously got filled right after we ordered. Two boys came and sat down.

"What are they gonna do?" I asked even more curious now.

"See, now two girls will come in and go to each of them. Then, Mihir and Abhi bhaiya will eat and run away, leaving the bills to girls." She said laughing.

"Whyyy? That is so ungentlemanly things to do." I said, totally amused.

"Not when the girls broke your PS5 because you weren't replying to their messages." She said.

"Noo, they did not. Tell me they didn't." I said, facing her again.

"You know what happened, actually?" She asked.

"No, but tell me." I said, fully facing her now and everything else, living my mind completely. She told me the whole story and I was a laughing mess and indeed those boys ordered a lot, ate and left with the excuse of going to washroom.

We ordered pastry too, again talking about anything and everything. To be honest, nothing was personal, just random funny stories and incidents and very off the topics talks. I really loved every moment of the café until my phone rang, a video call from Vihaan and Krish.

I ignored them yesterday because I was so badly caught up in myself, but today, I am feeling like talking.

"Hey, my friends are calling, do you mind?" I asked her.

"Oh noo noo, pick up, I will just come from washroom." She said and went away.

Hellloooo Peoplee! I hope you all are doing fine. Just a little reminder, love yourself and be happy! Don't be locked in the room too much. And keep reading. Do let me know if anything intrigues you.

Enjoyyyy!!!!!!!!!