fifteen

// fifteen

[las vegas part four]

My heart thumped loudly along with the music as Niall and I made our way through the crowd. This place was much bigger than the one from last night and I didn't like it one bit.

I held Niall's hand a bit tighter, hoping he wouldn't notice but I realized he did as he turned to look at me. He gave me a questioning nod as if he were asking if everything was okay; I gave him a tight smile back.

It wasn't long until we found Louis and some other of Niall's friends. Many of them being rich and famous like himself.

Another thing I don't have in common with any of them.

"I'm going to get a drink, are you coming?" I felt Niall come close to the side of my face, speaking loudly over the music. It was obvious I agreed, not liking the idea of being left alone with anyone besides him.

That's when I realized what I was more scared of. Being left alone with somebody that wasn't Niall.

As much as a pain he was, he was pretty much the only one I could trust here. The only one.

I stood close to Niall as he talked to the bartender. I wasn't paying attention, letting my eyes roam the club. I spotted a young couple in the corner of the dance floor, looking at each other with so much adortion. I couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy.

Niall tugged at my sleeve, so I turned my body to face him. He handed me a glass of a red pinkish drink, and I looked at it with a bit of hesitation.

"Drink it, it's good." He told me. I gulped, knowing I didn't have another choice and took a sip.

"What does it have?" I asked, licking my lips.

"Vodka, cranberry, tons of stuff. It's good, isn't it?"

I slightly nodded, taking another sip as Niall reached for my hand again.

We headed back to a table where all of his friends were seated.

"Well, will you look at that?" Louis said, as he took a swig of his drink and getting everybody's attention. "Looks like Mr. Niall brought his partner along."

I felt myself go red as everybody's eyes turned to me.

"Louis, drink your beer and shut your trap." Niall snapped, his hand pulling me to a seat on the U-shaped booth next to him. Louis only rolled his eyes but they quickly bored into mine right after. I glanced at Niall, as he was already talking to somebody next to him.

"So, Harry darling," Louis spoke up again. "How much does Niall pay you to follow him around like a lost puppy?"

All the people around the table stopped their conversations again. Niall's eyebrows scrunched together and I knew he was getting furious. He stood up, and my heart stopped.

"What's your fucking problem, Tomlinson?" He shouted, and I tugged on his hand to get his attention, but I knew that once Niall was mad, he wasn't going to calm down.

Louis only scoffed. "Problem? There is no problem. Can't I wonder how much you pay the innocent soul to fuck around with him?"

"I don't fuck around with anybody. Harry is my boyfriend. Get that through your damn head." He glared at him. "Stop bothering him or you're going to see the worst of me."

I expected Louis to talk back but he only smirked and turned to continue a conversation with a blonde next to him.

Niall looked at me for a few seconds until he sat back down and finished his drink.