one

[dedicated to mimi (@headhunters), bc i just love her and her stories! i still can't believe she follows me and actually commented on the prologue. x]

// one

"Niall James, you better not be late. I want this song recorded already!" Niall's cousin Iggy snapped through his phone. This was the third time she's called him in ten minutes. She was eager to get their song recorded.

"I'm already outside!" He argued, and hung up as he got out of the car. Niall ran towards the building, thinking about everything that still had to be done. Everything has been crazy since he released his single 3005, two weeks ago. Interviews, meetings, a tour coming soon, and just everything.

He walked through the sliding doors, feeling the cold air hit his face. He shoved his hand into his right pocket. When he didn't feel my keys, he cursed myself, running back outside.

Thank god I didn't lock the car doors or I would be dead. He thought.

He walked back to the parking lot, hurrying his pace when he saw a few girls spotting him. Without paying attention, he bumped into someone, making them drop something. Niall looked up, ready to apologize, when he saw the lad he bumped into, staring at him oddly. "Uh, I'm sorry about that." Niall apologized, looking down at the coffee spilled on the cement.

There was no answer, but Niall still felt his eyes on him as he looked down at the floor. "You're Niall Azalea." A voice said.

He nodded, then realized he was probably a fan. "Yes, I am."

"I'm sorry, I just really love your song 3005." The green-eyed, british lad smiled shyly. "Your rapping and singing is just amazing."

"Well thank you." Niall said, waiting for him to fan girl.

"I'm Harry. Harry Styles." Harry reacted from a moment of silence. Niall shook his hand, thinking of how furious Iggy should be by now.

"Well Harry, I think I should be going now. My cousin is waiting for me in the studio." He scratched the back of his neck, awkwardly. "It was nice to meet you, and sorry about your coffee."

"Oh, it's fine. I'm glad it was my coffee and not Iggy's." Harry said. Niall raised an eyebrow. "I'm her assistant. I work for her."

"Iggy got an assistant? Since when has she needed one?" Niall asked, still in confusion.

"I don't know. I don't even know how she found me."

Niall sighed quietly. "You were going over to see her now?" He asked, him nodding as a response. "I guess we'll walk over there together, then."

Niall turned around, and started walking towards the building, Harry a step behind. Walking through the doors again, he remembered about his keys. Harry made him forget the reason he was walking back to his car.

Guess I'll have to just leave them there and hope no one breaks in.

They both went into the elevator, not saying a word. Niall leaned against the bars of the elevator walls as he felt it go up. The only noise playing was the soft elevator music. It was calm.

Enjoy it while you can, Niall. It won't be calm when you get into that studio.

At the opposite side of the elevator, Harry was almost sweating, not believing that Niall Azalea was just in front of him. He was hoping he wouldn't do anything stupid.

"Can I get a photo with you?" Harry asked rapidly. He blushed after, knowing he sounded crazy.

"Uh, sure. How about after we get out of the studio?" Niall suggested.

Harry surprised that he understood him, he turned to look at the elevator doors, as they opened up. Niall walked out first, leaving him standing there. Realizing he hadn't done anything humiliating, he sighed in relief. He was concerned he would trip, or embarrass himself in front of a popular singer and rapper like Niall. He wanted things to be cool between them. Maybe they can be friends?

The elevators started closing, and it caught Harry's attention. He stumbled out and walked the same route he had come from earlier to get Iggy's coffee. Being careful with the drink in his hand, he started hurrying his pace to catch up to Niall. Luckily, he saw Niall a few feet away from him in the hallway. Instead of trying to catch up to him more, he walked slowly, trying to catch his breath.

Niall opened the door quietly, taking a deep breath. Things always got ugly when he was late and Iggy was the one waiting. She's the kind of girl that gets what she wants when she wants it. In other words, she was inpatient. Niall loved her, but they fought like brother and sister.

He stepped in, seeing Iggy on phone, her back to him. He quietly sat down on the couch in front of him, casually taking out his phone. Harry walked in also, setting down the coffee on a small table. Iggy turned around and put her phone in her pocket.

"How long have you been here?" She asked, looking at Niall.

"How long have you been on your phone?" He questioned back.

"Ten minutes."

"I got here about ten minutes ago."

Iggy rolled her eyes. "Stop making me laugh." She answered sarcastically, with her Australian accent in her voice.

Niall gave her a humorous smile, as he stood up. "Let's get this shit started!"

He walked into the small glass recording room, behind his cousin. They decided to do the recording together, instead of separately. They got ready, putting on their headphones, and Niall fixing his microphone to his small height.

Harry stood behind Jack, the recording engineer. Also know as the one that made everything sound perfect. Jack started moving things and pushing buttons, making Harry wonder how people did all that.

Niall started whisper-singing some lyrics, making sure he didn't forget the song he had written for today. Since he had written the first word, he knew it was going to be a hit.

Harry took out his phone, opening the Camera app, and snapping a picture of them inside the recording booth. Iggy turned around, and smiled for the camera, as she gave a thumbs up. Niall just gave him a small grin, not a bit interested.

"Okay, here we go." Said Jack.

Niall closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and started the song.

"You take the clothes off my back.."

-

guess who's a liar, and a horrible writer?

yup, that's me.

i know this is more than a month late. and i know i just gave you the worst chapter.

i am so so so so so so so so so sorry. especially to rej! i know you were the most excited about this, and i gave you a horrible first chapter.

BUT.. i already have most of the story planned, and i'm VERY excited. i will totally start updating faster, now that i started it. this chapter was just so you can see iggy and niall's relationship, and how narry met. drama and all that shiz is coming soon. (pfft next chapter)

oh, and thank you for 830+ reads! even though the prologue was the only thing up, and so many people liked it, it just makes me happy.

i'll shut up now.

thank you for reading this, i love you all already!

[narry video that will you make you happy on the side]

-chelle xo