six

[ dedicated to emily (@fxckharreh) bc i just love her too much so why tf not ]

"i used to care what people thought

but now i care more

man nobody out here's got it figured out"

// six

Harry currently sat on a metal chair inside a café, with a hot chocolate in front of him.

He has been there for about an hour, thinking, and enjoying the quietness and comfortableness of the place. He was proud to call it one of his favorites.

Yesterday was the last encounter with Niall. It was all that Harry could think about, really.

He couldn't sleep at all last night. He had decided to call his mum, but it resulted badly. Knowing him perfectly, she knew something was wrong. All he could say was nothing, since he didn't want to worry her.

He felt horrible for lying, but it was the right thing to do at the moment. He didn't want pity from anybody.

He was fine.

At least that was what he thought. The morning was calm, and there wasn't a problem in the world.

That's how it was supposed to be for him. He knew he deserved good days sometimes.

All his life was working in a bakery, and always on the move, trying to help out his mum. It was the least he could do and he was proud of that.

He knew his mom was satisfied with everything he's done.

Harry decided it was time to leave, so he stood up and slowly walked to the front counter. He paid, and left.

The first thing he saw when he stepped out was paparazzi at the corner. He wondered who they were after, and kept walking.

Before he knew it, he was running.

The paparazzi were after him.

"Can you tell us about you and Niall's relationship?"

"Is it true you both live with each other?"

"There's rumors that Niall cheated, are they true?"

"Are you guys really planning on adopting?"

The tension in the air was getting thick and Harry started gasping for air.

All he could hear was shouting, and flashes going off. His heart was pounding repeatably.

His hands got in fists. He wanted to feel something, somebody, anything. His eyesight was getting blurry and he felt incredibly dizzy.

He was going crazy.

He couldn't breathe.

"Harry!" He heard someone shout. The voice rang through the noise.

"Harry, grab my hand!"

All of a sudden, he felt a tug on his arm. He opened his eyes, not knowing he had them closed. He didn't hear the shouts, or the flashes anymore. All he heard was the stomping of his boots as he ran, with his hand over someone else's.

"Harry, are you okay?" A soothing voice whispered, once they stopped.

It took him a while to recognize it.

It was Demi.

"D-Demi." He stuttered, still feeling dizzy, and confused. It seemed like everything happened in a rush, as if it was all a dream.

"Are you okay? Harry, you should never go out by yourself! You should've called me to at least contact a bodyguard."

"I never thought.. I didn't know."

"Harry, you have to understand that you're everywhere at the moment. You're in a relationship with a worldwide rapper and singer. Almost 1/3 of the world knows who you are already. You have to be careful."

"I didn't think it was that bad. I didn't know. I didn't know, Demi." He choked out.

"Hey, it's okay." She put her arms around his neck, and softly put his head on her shoulder. "You're okay."

She kept whispering reassuring words in his ear to calm him. A while later, Harry's breathing calmed down, and his heart beat slowed.

Demi pulled away and gave him a small smile. She took his hand, and lead him to a bench, right next to the café.

They sat next to each other, silently, Demi not letting go of his hand.

"I know everything is really crazy right now. You're stressed, and you just want a break." She whispered. Harry stared down at the floor, their knees touching.

She continued. "Everything is going to come in place in a while. You just need some time to get used to it."

"I don't know. I just, I feel like I'm being controlled by everybody." Harry sighed.

"That's how it feels sometimes, but the feeling will go away. I mean it." She stood up, then got on her knees in front of him, taking both of his hands.

"Harry, I know you want to quit, but promise me.. You will think about it. We need you. Especially Niall."

He shook his head. "I don't believe Niall does."

"He does. He's just going through the same situation as you. He's confused, and is still trying to figure things out. He will come around, I promise."

"Alright." He whispered.

"Now, how about I drop you off at your house, so you can rest?" She stood on her feet.

Harry stood after her, and they walked to her car.

He felt slightly better and more calm. He couldn't imagine what would've happened if Demi hadn't seen him. Deep down he knew that she was going to be helping him out a lot. That's if he still stays for the job.

-

Harry waved goodbye to Demi one more time, and stood on the sidewalk as she drove away. Once her car was out of sight, he turned around. Strolling to his front porch, he noticed something big, and red in front of his door.

He walked a bit faster, until he was standing on his porch, with a bouquet of roses on the floor, in front of him.

"What the hell?" He mumbled quietly, reaching for the bouquet, then picking it up.

Taking the piece of paper on top of the roses, he unfolded it with his fingers, being careful with the flowers.

you hate me, i hate you

maybe we can make this shitty thing work out?

-niall x

p.s. tomorrow. my flat. 2 p.m?

Harry sighed, rereading the note continually. He smelt the roses, and bit his bottom lip in thought.

He was eager to see how hard Niall would try to keep this going.

-

comment and vote and i'll give you a cupcake

..once i find some.

45+ votes and some comments for next chapter?

-chelle xo