( ash )

it makes me sad to know that these ash bowls are filled with more emotion than my heart could ever be. is that why you left me? because i could never feel as much as you could. you could feel so, so much and i think that was our downfall. when you felt sadness, it was as if you were the titanic and i was the iceberg that kept sinking you. when you felt anger, it was like red hot coals were burning your skin just like the (cigarettes) were burning my lungs. but it wasn't the (cigarettes) that were burning us, was it? it was our emotions that were pouring alcohol on us and setting us on fire, just to see what colour we would burn. oh honey, you burned every colour of the rainbow and maybe that's why i wanted you to burn.

what i didn't understand was how you could burn so bright, but, if i looked into your eyes, they reminded me of stormy days and the ashes of what we could've been. that was the biggest difference between us. my eyes were alive with feelings that i didn't know how to release, but your eyes were dead with all of the emotions that you had let go of. the longer I spent with you, the more i forgot how to feel anything, till the only thing left was the love i felt when i was with you. but you, you became more alive. your eyes held the hope i once had and the happiness that was trapped in me for years.

YOU TOOK IT ALL AWAY FROM ME YOU FUCKING BASTARD, YOU TOOK EVERYTHING AWAY. FROM MY EMOTIONS TO MY HEART AND

AND . . .

and i'm so sorry.