( replacement )

i am trying so, so hard to replace my addiction for you with these (cigarettes) and it isn't working. now, not only does my heart hurt, but my lungs do too. they are so filled with smoke and so filled with death and so fucking filled with the nicotine that coated your entire existence, that it hurts to even breathe. that probably isn't because of the cigarettes though. i guess it just hurts because when you went, you took everything with you and i'm okay with that. i'm okay with anything as long as it makes you smile.

i don't know why though. i shouldn't be craving your smile at all . . . but your smile is the type that makes gods fall to their knees and would make the universe collapse in on itself because of all the beauty that is contained within that one gesture. your smile – no, fuck that – YOU made me so weak that i couldn't walk by myself anymore. you used to pick me up every morning and call me a fairy because i was too light. you used to give me bubble baths when it was gone midnight because you told me there was no point in seeing the stars when you could see them in my eyes.

that was all you called me. a star. my love, my love, my love, you said i was a star and yet you failed to realise that you were a galaxy. and who would want a star when you could have a universe?